Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't uninstall old Freecorder application or toolbar

Angry Can't uninstall old Freecorder application or toolbar

I was able to do it the first time but now can't. I tried BOTH through control panel and program file but get error message

Invalid uninstall control file C:\Program Files\Freecorder\Uninstall\uninstall.xml

But the program is still there.

Default Re: Can't uninstall old Freecorder application or toolbar

Correction, the program has no volume but the toolbar remains on Firefox and IE. The program file also exists on XP like an empty shell. I've tried re-booting but its still there.

I had the same problem. I uninstalled it via the add/remove programs application built into our computer. It uninstalled the program but left me with the tool bar.... Then I ended up just going to "view/Toolbars" on the top of my ( I use firefox) browser, and unchecked "freecorder Community Toolbar" and that removed the icons for freecorder from my toolbar. There are no files for freecorder left on my computer, those icons were just shells which led to no files. I do not use IE or other browsers, so I'm not sure about the path for finding your toolbar options, but this worked for me on firefox. Hope it helps.

PS I had to answer, because when I emailed the applian customer service people, they told me to uninstall it using the add/remove hardware tool on our computer, and didn't seem to understand that I'd already done that. :\ I figured users had to figure it out for themselves at that point.

Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    Yeah, that's not working.
    First of all, re-installing and then uninstalling it does not fix the problem.
    Mostly because there is NO other entry for Freecorder. The toolbar entry does not exist. Still, I'm stuck with the toolbar.

Has ANYONE been able to fix this now???

I AM STILL STUCK WITH THE TOOLBAR DESPITE DOING EVERYTHING ALREADY. I HAVE READ FAQ INSTRUCTION LITERALLY OVER 10 times.
    I've followed the instruction carefully on FAQ to uninstall all of it completely. Both programs: Freecorder 4 and Toolbar are uninstalled and they not in my system anymore, however the toolbar is still there on my Firefox browser!!!

Can somebody please help me, I have tried emailing for tech support but all I get is follow the instruction on FAQ!!! (Jeff Lenney please stop referring me to FAQ again!) The cycle of helplessness never ends. Please help anyone!

Regards,

-Scott

I have the exact same experience.

Hi Guys

That's probably just an extra entry in your remove programs list. Uninstallers should remove those entries once you overwrite them with an update, but sometimes that does not work.

If you have already uninstalled Freecorder and you have extra invalid entries in your remove programs list you can remove them by editing the registry. You can use this process for any entry that fails to remove itself from the remove programs list:

1. Open the Registry Editor (click start, then type regedit in the search box)
    2. Scroll to the following entry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
    3. In the left pane are the programs (most are represented by numbers and letters) and in the right pane you can see the display name.
    4. Look through them to find the key that corresponds to the program you want to remove. Click the key in the left pane and click Edit > Delete.

Let me know how it goes.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support

Jeff, your process doesn't work. Why do you guys make a software program that can't be uninstalled? That is what I really wonder

Quote Originally Posted by bigcraig79 View Post
    Jeff, your process doesn't work. Why do you guys make a software program that can't be uninstalled? That is what I really wonder
    We didnt create this program, This toolbar component is developed by Conduit. Conduit is the company that provides us with the toolbar we use for our recording technology.

You can contact their support directly here: [email protected]

We find it is easier for the customer to deal with them direct as sometimes they require to connect remotely.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support