Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't uninstall old Freecorder application or toolbar

Default Re: Can't uninstall old Freecorder application or toolbar

If you are using Firefox, try clicking Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions on the top bar of the browser and disable or remove the toolbar. Hope this helps.

On Firefox, go to Add-ons. In the Extensions tab, disable or remove the Freecorder.

OK, I am completely NOT a novice at this.

**********The Applian Toolbar will not uninstall. ***********

I have read all the posts in this thread/topic over and over again. I have listened to the tech from Applian and have tried everything he has recommended. This is a hidden program and it appears it is intentional that we are not able to uninstall it. This is unethical and very poor in the Applian Customer Service area. There is absolutely no reason that a computer software company makes a program that is not uninstallable unless it's done on purpose with ill and underhanded intent toward the end user. I know I am not the only one that is experiencing this problem as can be seen by prior posts. As well, THEY have received no help "that is viable" from Applian staff.

As asked before of you by another user, "Why in the world would you make a piece of software that cannot be uninstalled?" Your answer was that "We didnt create this program, This toolbar component is developed by Conduit. Conduit is the company that provides us with the toolbar we use for our recording technology.

You can contact their support directly here: [email protected]"

I have to be honest Jeff, that seems to be a complete copout on your company's part. When you have problems like this, a good company will take that information and make changes to the software so that this will no longer happen. Instead..., you refer us to someone else thereby kissing this off????? That is not customer service. I am dead sure that everyone that reads this thread and has the same problem will completely agree with me.

The bottom line is that we are stuck here with a worthless app that is running hidden in the background in order that we simply give up and let it run. What do you get out of this technique? This is poor, Jeff.

The bottom line is still, "Why in the world would you make/DISTRIBUTE a piece of software that cannot be uninstalled?"

David

As an addendum to my prior post, I did find a way to eliminate the toolbar that apparently in intended to be ultra-difficult to uninstall.

In Firefox, click TOOLS/ADD-ONS at the top of the menu bar. You will see this program listed. This is the only way that I have found to remove it.

Be sure and do not click "DISABLE". You should click "REMOVE".

Kudos to the prior poster that found this out and shared it. THANK YOU!

I maintain my position that any software company that makes/DISTRIBUTES a piece of software that is this difficult to get rid of, should rethink their process. Plus, if their OWN tech, Jeff, can't come up with this and share it with us instead of kissing it off like he did with the prior posts, y'all are doing something wrong...JUST SAYIN'

David
    Tech

Good evening David,

I'm very sorry to hear you're having these issues. You can uninstall any toolbar add-on in this way in Firefox. IE has a Tools / Manage Add-Ons menu that offers similar functionality. Chrome has a similar capability for this as well. (Although the current version of freecorder is not compatible with Chrome)

Freecorder 6 should be easier to uninstall. We’ll do a better jn documenting this when we release.

I don't have an ETA yet for the release, but we're working on the GUI now before we do some final internal testing - so hopefully it will be released sooner than later.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I am having the same issue, when I need to install an older version of Freecorder to work with my browser, Firefox.... "invalid uninstall control file"
    I have tried Control Panel>Uninstall Program, Revo Uninstaller Pro, and even went to the folder in Program Files (x86) and tried to delete the entire folder to get rid of it.
    Control Panel tells me "invalid uninstall control file" / Revo tells me "invalid uninstall control file" / and the folder won't delete because it says it is open in another application??
    I swear this thing is like a virus on my computer and the only way to get rid of it is to reformat the entire C drive, which I cannot realisitically do!!
    WHAT IS THIS??
    Last edited by zlloyd1; 10-11-2012 at 08:42 PM. Reason: mistype

Hi Lloyd

That's probably just an extra entry in your remove programs list. Uninstallers should remove those entries once you overwrite them with an update, but sometimes that does not work.

If you have already uninstalled Freecorder and you have extra invalid entries in your remove programs list you can remove them by editing the registry. You can use this process for any entry that fails to remove itself from the remove programs list:

1. Open the Registry Editor (click start, then type regedit in the search box)
    2. Scroll to the following entry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
    3. In the left pane are the programs (most are represented by numbers and letters) and in the right pane you can see the display name.
    4. Look through them to find the key that corresponds to the program you want to remove. Click the key in the left pane and click Edit > Delete.

Let me know how it goes.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

I've uninstalled the application and the toolbar, but it still keeps creating a folder in My Documents. Any suggestions?