Thread: FLV to MP4 File conversion problem

Default FLV to MP4 File conversion problem

I have been converting several flash videos and converting them to MP4. I have had no issues up until now. I have one particular file that I have tried multiple times. (Meaning same .flv file several times as well as recapturing the flash content and attempting to convert) The convert process starts and makes it what appears most of the way and then Replay Converter experiences an error and must close. The .flv file is approx 316k KB if it matters. This is the largest file of the many files I have converted. I have converted several even after attempts of this particular file without any issues. Is there a file size limitation?

Any ideas of what to try?

Default Re: FLV to MP4 File conversion problem

Load the file into the converter
    Right mouse click the file and select Troubleshoot
    Now, give it another try
    If you still have an issue contact tech support as a log file and more info will be needed.

Thanks Cheryl! I'll try that later and see what happens.

I am having the same problem and i am very new in using this software.

I am trying to convert an FLV file to MP4 and the conversion stops at 99%. that failed four times cause it never went to 100% and i had to cancel the conversion after waiting a long time

then i tried to convert the FLV file to AVI format and same deal...stops at 99% and nevers gets the happy ending.

What is the solution?????????? Using windows 7 and the frustration level is increasing...i also tried the Troubleshoot right click thing but that was pretty useless cause who knows what options to change.

HELP!

If you continue to have a problem please submit a log file to tech support. They will also need to know what version of windiows you are using and any details regarding an error message if any. Thanks.

Just an update to my original post. I was converting files using Media Catcher. For that one particular file it kept causing errors like Paul posted above. I then used Replay Converter to convert the file and had no issues. So not sure what the deal was, and wouldn't think that little difference would matter...but problem resolved.

The two converters are different and have different options. Replay Converter has more conversion settings and codecs than Media Catcher.