Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

Default Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

I'm using IE 8, windows xp and freecorder 4.01. Despite reinstalling multiple times, I keep getting the same message. Anyone encounter a similar problem?

Default Re: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

YES ME TOO ? I JUST INSTALLED IT YESTERDAY 7-3-2010 AFTER I REPROGRAMED MY LAPTOP [] COMPLETLY,THIS IS MY FAVORITE PROGRAM TO HAVE ON MY LAPTOP ,I INSTALLED IT AND I GET AN ERROR MESSAGE SAME AS ABOVE USER-SO I REINSTALLED IT OVER AND OVER AND STILL DOES THE SAME THING WITH THE VIDEO RECORD OPTION,IM USING THE CURRENT FIREFOX WITH FREECORDER 4,PLEASE FIX THIS ...!!!PLEASE!!!!

Default Re: Getting the following error "The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar"

Works fine in the latest Firefox. Just get a browser that is much much better than I.E.

Quote Originally Posted by boibig View Post
    I'm using IE 8, windows xp and freecorder 4.01. Despite reinstalling multiple times, I keep getting the same message. Anyone encounter a similar problem?
    what should i do now?

After uninstalling and reinstalling a dozen or so times here is what I did to correct it. MS Security Essentials detects the file OCPromo.exe to be a threat and I would assume some of the other AV software does also. I uninstalled Freecorder 4 and MS Security Essential, downloaded and installed the Free ZoneAlarm firewall, reinstalled Freecorder 4, when ZoneAlarm asks if you want to allow OCPromo.exe to connect check allow. Reinstalled MS Security Essentials. It works great now. I am using XP on this machine and have not tried this on my Windows 7 machine or a Vista machine. Good Luck

After installing Freecorder 4 with no previous version installed on a Windows XP laptop on IE8, the installation gave no error or warning. When attempting to launch the Video History, you get "The "Freecorder FLV Service" is not running. Please reinstall the Freecorder toolbar." All actions taken with same error above:

Uninstalled using Revo, then reinstalled. At least three times.
    Attempted to install in safe mode.
    Cleaned all temp files, uninstalled using Revo Uninstaller, and re-installed.
    Attempted to install in another user profile.
    Reset IE8 to defaults.
    Opened firewall ports for the flvsrvc.exe file.
    Launching c:\program files\freecorder\flvsrvc.exe produced an error: "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect."
    Disabled Anti-Malware and firewall and still same symptoms listed above.
    None of these things helped.

This finally solved it for me:
    I uninstalled freecorder again using Revo, cleaned up temp files, and performed all MS critical updates including compatibility view update for IE8.

Then I remembered that files can become corrupted on download, so I downloaded a fresh copy of the installation file and with anti-malware on, and firewall on, I installed and it ran successfully.

The video history tool now launches successfully.

If I had to do it all again, I'd unistall using Revo, clean the temp files, get the MS Updates including the compatability view update for IE8, and download a fresh copy of the installation file.

Good luck with yours.

This message ''The freecorder FLV service is not running. Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar'' all it means is u must launch C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe first BEFORE u record ur videos using C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FCVideos.exe (and I guess audio too but can't speak too directly to this effect cuz I'm not currently messing with audio)...so just launch that then u should be good to go! U don't have to do any uninstalling then reinstalling at all to fix this error message!!

On unrelated note: If at anytime any1 decides to uninstall the whole FCTB, then C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe MUST also be killed thru Ctrl+Alt+Del (if not already), before UNinstalling. This will ensure complete and successful uninstall as well as prepare for a proper subsequent reinstall should u want to do that

The freecorder FLV service is not running.Please reinstall the freecorder toolbar

R.Sir/Madam
    My applian toolbar option Vidio history Tool box n't display any recording video files. So Plz. soul this problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by boibig View Post
    with regards.

just go to your tools and hit internet options. select security and take your security level down to the last bar it will minimize your security. reinstall freecorder and put the level back to where it was.