Thread: RMC only records part of video

Default RMC only records part of video

I have registered Replay Media Catcher, and sometimes I am able to download a full flash video, but most of the time the recording gets 'stuck' even though the flash video continues to play on my screen. For example, the size may start at 0 and go up gradually to 703kb but then stops at 703kb even though there is more of the video to be downloaded/recorded. Then, if I play the recorded video, it is incomplete - missing from a few seconds to a few minutes or more. Can anyone help?

Default Re: RMC only records part of video

Please send a link to where you are having this problem so it can be tracked down? Also, let us know if you are getting an error message and how long the file is.

Hi Cheryl,

Actually, it seems to be working with flash videos now - I tried the same videos as yesterday, and was able to record the entire video.

On a slightly different issue... does RMC work with quicktime videos? RMC doesn't seem to be recognizing the video when I play it in the browser. The link is: http://movies1.vtc.com/player/hbMovi...sic+for+Access

For this link you are going to need to use our screen capture program Replay Video Capture. Give the demo a try and see how easy it is for you to use.

Cheryl... I'm having that first problem again - that is, when a flash video is playing, RMC begins recording, then stops part-way through and never finishes recording the video even though the video goes right to the end in the browser.

One example is the following: http://www.vtc.com/modules/products/...ation&mode=flv

The problem seems to be happening when my connection to the internet is a fast one (like cable internet) - when my connection to the internet is slower (like mobile internet), RMC seems to work better. Is there any way to get RMC working with a fast internet connection?

Is anyone able to help with this problem? It happens with RMC 4 too - it starts to download the flash video, then simply stops even though the video plays right to the end in the browser. I try reprocessing the download, and same thing happens.

When I look in the progress log, following are the last few entries:

"Downloading (RTMP) - 910 KB (00:01:39 / 00:06:35)
    Downloading (RTMP) - 910 KB (00:01:39 / 00:06:35)
    Downloading (RTMP) - 910 KB (00:01:39 / 00:06:35)"

Same for me on this side.

I tried the Replay Video Capture. This works fine! Try this.

Try to go to the settings and change them from RTMP downloading to RTMP recording. Let us know if it works.