Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

Debbie McCormick Guest

Default Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

Hi Everyone,

We're aware that the Freecorder 4 video history tool is not working properly with the latest Firefox update. We're working on the issue and will have an update available as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Default Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We're aware that the Freecorder 4 video history tool is not working properly with the latest Firefox update. We're working on the issue and will have an update available as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    A week after the problem started with FireFox, the same thing has just started to happen also with Internet Explorer 7.

Unhappy Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

Oh, ok.. so its being sorted with Firefox 3.6.6 as well?
    I get audio copied fine,... but no vids at all.

It works fine in Firefox 3.6.6:

Just clean the cache of your browser and try again.

Not sure about I.E. as I don't use it.

Question Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.6

My Freecorder 4 quit working a 2 or 3 weeks ago. I have Firefox 3.6.6 and someone who posted on this thread said that it worked fine with 3.6.6. I just tried it on You-Tube and when I clicked the history tool I got a message that I needed to install the toolbar. Did not know if this meant I needed to uninstall the copy I have and to download it again, or if this meant there was an upgrade and I just needed to download again without installing. Don't know what to do but I really miss having this program. I need it for a lot of tutorials on You-Tube.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Default Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.6

Uninstall Freecorder 4 from the Control Panel and reboot your computer. Then download Freecorder 4 from Applian (important!) and install it.

Default Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.6

Stream-Recorder: We must have crossed posts because I just posted a new thread on this forum that was related to my question here on this thread--but with a lot more added problems since I posted on this thread. Would you please take a look at the post I just posted, Called, "Directions to uninstall for Toolbar doesn't work for me"? I will have to look at your answer tomorrow because it has gotten so late here.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

a couple solutions for that i use for the sound recording part of freecorder that might work for you I think it works on the video part as well. But it seems applian fixed the video issue in freecorder 4.01 if you uninstall all previous versions before installing 4.01 if not:
    whatever browser you use, download a legacy (older version) version of the other browser, and just open the browser to start the freecorder or video history recorder and close the browser. Now the recorder will work with any browser. For example i open freecorder in firefox 3.5.11 iand it works fine, and then i record and browse web off of google chrome. Also it works on my internet explorer, but i record off of chrome
    Last edited by questionasker; 07-25-2010 at 10:09 AM.

questionasker: That was my origninal plan--to uninstall the old Freecorder and then install the newer version that was suppose to work with my version of Firefox. The problem I ran into is that no matter how many times I tried to uninstall the toolbar, I could not. I could uninstall the program itself, but just not the toolbar. That was when I finally went to the "Intensive Care" forum (on another tech site) and they helped me to get rid of the toolbar. As long as I have been using a computer (years) I have never had such a hard time getting rid of something like Freecorder's toolbar. You would have thought if I uninstalled the program itself, it would also get rid of the toolbar--but it did not!! (And I followed all the directions exactly as they were posted!)

Once the Intensive Care forum was able to help me get rid of the toolbar, I decided not to install the newer version of Freecorder because of how hard it was to get rid of the toolbar when I needed to get rid of it. I was afraid the same thing would happen again if the newer version became outdated again. So I downloaded another video downloader--in fact, I downloaded 2 or 3 video downloaders until I finally found one that would really work. But I do have to say that I am not as satisfied with any of them the way I was with Freecorder. My biggest complaint about Freecorder was that you were not given an option on where to save individual videos. Every time I downloaded a video with Freecorder, I then had to go to its folder and drag the video into the folder that I wanted it in--this was a real pain for me. But as far as the way everything else worked in it, I loved it. My new recorder does not save audios, just videos and that is something I really miss that I was able to do with Freecorder. If not for the problem I had with getting rid of their toolbar, I would download their new version in a heartbeat.
    Thanks for your interest,
    Last edited by Gypsy63; 07-25-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: forgot something

oh, i see gypsy63, i still think if i were you I'd install the toolbar to internet explorer since you seem to never use it anyway. If you ever need to use freecorder. Just open up internet explorer and open freecorder, then close internet explorer. Freecorder now will work on any browser even though you opened it with internet explorer. Good Luck. Also if you create a shortcut link to the desktop (you can google how to do that) for the folder you download the files to, and rename the shortcut, All your files will download to a folder on your desktop. Good Luck!