Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

Default Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

questionasker: I don't understand your statement:
    Just open up internet explorer and open freecorder, then close internet explorer.
    What do you mean by "opening it" up? Could you please explain exactly in a little more detail what you mean? How would you close IE without also closing Freecorder at the same time? I am just a little confused. Of course I would do that if I understood how to do that and not have to use IE at the same time. I have not used IE in over 5 years & would not start using it now just to use a video downloader. I love my Firefox.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Default Re: Freecorder 4 video history tool not working with Firefox 3.6.4

I do not use Freecorder any more. When I could never get it to work, I tried uninstalling it and my plan was to download the next newer version. But alas, it would not uninstall the toolbar. I tried over and over again to uninstall it with MS Add/Remove & it would uninstall everything but the toolbar --and not being able to uninstall the toolbar also stopped me from being able to download another version of Freecorder. I tried for 2 weeks to get rid of that toolbar. Finally I went to one of my tech sites where I get help with my computer problems and they provided me a link to a free program that not only got rid of the toolbar but also got rid of all references to it in the registry. Since I had that much trouble getting rid of the toolbar I decided not to download another copy and looked for something different. I hope you are able to work out your problem with it because I really did enjoy using it as long as it was working.

Default Re: Freecorder 5 video history tool not working with Firefox 8.01

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie McCormick View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We're aware that the Freecorder 4 video history tool is not working properly with the latest Firefox update. We're working on the issue and will have an update available as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    I am running windows xp and firefox 8.01. I have loaded freecorder 5 and toolbar and continue to get the "freecorder FLV service is not running" message. I have tried your detailed fix step by step and still cannot get the program to run. I have deactivated Internet Explorer as well... any suggestions??
    Thanks

Default Re: Freecorder 5 video history tool not working with Firefox 8.01

Quote Originally Posted by jwookieh View Post
    I am running windows xp and firefox 8.01. I have loaded freecorder 5 and toolbar and continue to get the "freecorder FLV service is not running" message. I have tried your detailed fix step by step and still cannot get the program to run. I have deactivated Internet Explorer as well... any suggestions??
    Thanks

Hi, this thread is over a year old, so I want to make sure you get the most up to date info. If you've re-installed and you still get this error, it is likely due to security software on your computer that is blocking the FLVSrvce from starting. FLVSrvce.exe is a file used by Freecorder that allows the video history tool to save videos you’ve played from your computer’s cache. Some security software is understandably responsible for blocking any file that can read or save your browsing history. But the sole function of the video history tool is to do just that. The Freecorder Toolbar is safe and virus free, so it is safe to have your security software allow access to FLVSrvce.exe.

To confirm that this is the problem, try to run FLVSrvce.exe manually. You’ll find it in C:Program FilesFreecorder. Double-click the FLVSrvce.exe file. If your security software complains, then you should give the file permission to run. It may not notify you so, add it manually anyway. Once you’ve done so, run FLVSrvce.exe again and check the Task Manager for the running process (processes tab) it should now be present and running. And your video history tool should no longer error.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.