I have used previous versions of Freecorder (2 and 3) on my Win XP Pro laptop to record audio from sites such as Rhapsody. When recording with the previous versions, if audio started from another source (instant messenger window beeping, etc.), Freecorder would automatically save the "interruption" as a separate file, which I could save or delete when I stopped the recording. In addition, the recorder settings gave me the option of recording from the windows default driver, the soundcard driver, stereo mix, etc.

I am now on a desktop running 64-bit Win 7 Home, and I just installed Freecorder 4/5. The recorder settings are extremely limited - I can't pick the source anymore, I can't tell the recorder whether to prompt for a file name before or after the recording... Even worse, I can't figure out how to force the audio inputs to save to separate files like they used to. I've tried changing the default recorder setting in Win 7, updating the soundcard drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the toolbar, and nothing works.

Has this feature and been removed? Have the additional setting options been removed? Am I just being slow and missing something?

Thanks for any help or ideas.