Thread: Media splitter edit window skin tones looks like "blue man group"

Default Media splitter edit window skin tones looks like "blue man group"

Am using win7-64 and media splitter (both previous v1.7.911 and current v1.7.1004.21) and this cropped up. Don't remember if I used MS on Win7-64 before updating a few months ago, but, never had a problem with the editor window before.
    Looking at the Media Splitter input file (.wmv file in windows media player) AND split Output Files, the colors are NORMAL, but the edit window just blows me away - all the colors are off, and as the title says, everyone looks like the "Blue Man Group"

Couldn't find anything in the forum or FAQ.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Media splitter edit window skin tones looks like "blue man group"

Right mouse click the program name. Select properties and the compatiblity tab. Make sure that nothing is checked in the settings. See if that corrects the issue for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Right mouse click the program name. Select properties and the compatiblity tab. Make sure that nothing is checked in the settings. See if that corrects the issue for you.

Thanks for the response
    Tried that - Nothing is checked in compatibility mode - they are all unchecked.
    Also, tried WinXP SP3 compatibility (just for the heck of it) , but, no change.

Jpegman

I am having the same problem. I am using rcssetup that I downloaded on 7/08/2010. I upgraded to Windows 7 x64 and media splitter version 1.7.1004.21 and all the colors in the media spliter window are wrong.
    Last edited by ZtraderX; 07-11-2010 at 12:51 AM.

Below is what I did.

1. I remove all the applian software and reinstall media splitter with rcssetup that I down loaded on 2/23/2010. I did not install the other applian software. Media splitter colors are correct.
    2. I install the other applian software in the suite and got the same color issue in media spliter.
    3. I remove each applian software until I discovered that replay converter 4 is causing the color issue with media spliter.
    4. I remove all applian software and reinstall with the rcssetup that I downloaded on 7/8/2010.
    5. I install all the Applian software except for replay converter 4. Media splitter is showing the correct colors.
    Last edited by ZtraderX; 07-11-2010 at 01:53 AM.

The Replay Converter does seem to be causing this issue. When the program is loaded go into the options. Select disable directcodecs installed by Replay Converter. If you need them to convert it is an easy toggle for this.

The colors are normal in Media Splitter when I disable the directcodecs in Replay Converter options in Windows 7 x64.

Is this a Windows 7 x64 issue? I never had this issue in Vista x32. I hope it get fix in the next release.