Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: soma.fm: ICY Files HELP!

Thumbs up Re: ICY Files HELP!

Yes, I want to split songs, and then listen them in my ipod. So I need them in mp3 format. Any suggestions?

Default Re: ICY Files HELP!

Older versions of Apple iTunes, iPod Touch, and iPhone will play HE-AAC (AACPlus) files as though they were standard AAC-LC files without the high-frequency information that is only present. Anyway there I wouldn't convert HE-AAC to MP3, I would try to find a lossless HE-AAC splitter (may be BeSplit can do that).

There are several lossless MP3 splitters that you can use, so I would recommend to listen / record MP3 files next time.

p.s. I thought RMC could split and tag Icecast songs automatically. I need to test it more with AAC streams. The problem is that some streams are broadcast in a continuous stream, some streams do not sent the artist and title, so it is not possible to split and tag songs. Replay Music which records from sound card may help here, but the songs should NOT be overlapped.