Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BBC iPlayer. RMC used to record great but has now suddenly stopped.

Default Re: BBC iPlayer. RMC used to record great but has now suddenly stopped.

I don't know about you guys, but as my earlier post, I've been using the method shown in the video, and it works absolutley perfectly.....the only difference is that the BBC have upgraded the iPlayer pages, so it looks and works slightly differently, but the actual mechanics of recording are the same, using the iplayer converter.

I too am continuing to capture iplayer radio just fine - I've also tried the 'new method' for Replay AV - and that works too.
    I personally don't feel that Applian is mis-representing anything. The BBC have changed their streaming methods many times over the past few years and they are different between the UK and International sites. Whenever I've had problems I've always just put in a ticket and received good help. The secure RTMP thing is beyond Applian's control.

It might be useful if they had a access to a developer within the UK so they can test the domestic streams.

Other than that don't get grumpy, put a support ticket in and let them help you.

In light of this thread, I will be writing a stiff letter to JVC. In 1982 I purchased one of their Betamax video recorders from my local Rumbelows only to find that it is unable to record high definition video and copy it to Blu Ray. I think it's a disgrace!

I purchased one of their Betamax video recorders from my local Rumbelows

Rumbelows - no there's a name I haven't heard in a while!!!!

I'm thinking you may not come from the US

Quote Originally Posted by riv-dogg View Post
    I'm thinking you may not come from the US
    True. And I now recall my attempt at humour was historically inaccurate as it was JVC who developed VHS while Sony invented Betamax. Still, I'm determined to write to someone. Somebody needs to do something about this outrage!

On a serious note, this is brilliant for downloading video from iPlayer: iPlayer Downloader which works by tricking Aunty Beeb into thinking your computer is an iPhone. Naughty!

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Please send a link to the web-page with the stream that you have problem recording.
    My RMC cannot record clips from pages such as these
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...tches/match_21

Quote Originally Posted by stevelatinner View Post
    My RMC cannot record clips from pages such as these
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...tches/match_21
    I can see a text report only. May be this is due to the fact that I don't reside in the UK. If I'm missing something please point me how to launch a streaming clip.

This is what I see.

http://i49.tinypic.com/hvqp3a.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    I can see a text report only. May be this is due to the fact that I don't reside in the UK. If I'm missing something please point me how to launch a streaming clip.
    I thought I had seen something on the BBC site that said that some iPlayer content wasn't available outside the UK...

and here it is

http://iplayerhelp-stg.external.bbc....e_uk/outsideuk
    Last edited by simon3030; 07-02-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: sp

Really interesting. I don't have the video on the page:

If this is a flash player, then most probably BBC uses RTMPE streams for that.
    RMC doesn't support RTMPE anymore:
    http://www.applian.com/replay-media-...p-measures.php
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.