Thread: Replay Music - streaming audio track data and splitting not working

Angry Replay Music - streaming audio track data and splitting not working

I am new to Replay Music (3.95). When I tried the demo a few months ago it worked fine, automatically splitting the tracks and usually able to list the artist and song info. So I finally bought it a few weeks ago. I go to my favorite music website - radio3.cbc.ca - and just simply want to
    grab the streaming audio. It is doing it _but_ not splitting individual tracks and not able to get any
    artist or song info ("not recognized"). I have Windows7 if that makes a difference. I un-installed ZoneAlarm to see if that would help, since I kept getting the "getuid something" popup, didn't seem to
    help. If if just gives it to me the audio file in one big unrecognizable hunk it's not very useful.

By the way when I start recording I just hit "OK", I do not use the "Open Website to Record" button, since I tried that but it seems to be for differnent kinds of sites (not radio3.cbc).

Default Re: Replay Music - streaming audio track data and splitting not working

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    I go to my favorite music website - radio3.cbc.ca - and just simply want to
    grab the streaming audio. It is doing it _but_ not splitting individual tracks and not able to get any
    artist or song info ("not recognized"). I have Windows7 if that makes a difference. I un-installed ZoneAlarm to see if that would help, since I kept getting the "getuid something" popup, didn't seem to
    help. If if just gives it to me the audio file in one big unrecognizable hunk it's not very useful.
    genpuid.exe is used to identify songs. Some firewall and other software may block it.

It is hard for me to say whether you have problems with song identification, because Replay Music can't access the song identification service or not. You may need to submit a support ticket with the log file of Replay Music.

Please note that Replay Music will have problems splitting and tagging songs if they are overlapped. Also it works fine with very popular music.

Have you tried to record from other sources? Did you have the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
    By the way when I start recording I just hit "OK", I do not use the "Open Website to Record" button, since I tried that but it seems to be for differnent kinds of sites (not radio3.cbc).
    If Replay Music can record sound for you without hitting "Open Website to Record", you don't need to use it. It is not something web-site specific.