Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.41 naming very few tracks???

Quote Originally Posted by arpie View Post
    Hi,

Same here, I just upgraded to 3.41 and there are extremely few track being named. Looks like we need a new upgrade!!
    Arpie, are you using Yahoo Music Unlimited as well?

Rhapsody looks to have no problems. Doing some more testing and I've recorded around 225 songs since I reported earlier and it has correctly tagged 223 of them!!! Nice! I'm going to do a handful of the same exact songs in Yahoo here in a bit and see what happens. So far, for me anyway, it looks like Replay Music now doesn't like Yahoo for whatever reason even though there were no problems previsouly. Weird.

FYI, I recorded about 350 songs from Rhapsody and it only didn't name a couple. Now for the weird part... I went to Yahoo and recorded about 15 of the same songs and NO PROBLEMS. What is key here I think is these were all older songs from the 80s. I noticed that on both Rhapsody and Yahoo the visualization in Replay Music had the lines most of the time overlapped. I tried another little test right after Replay Music had no problems with Yahoo and played the "Today's Big Hits" channel from Yahoo and NONE of the songs (I only played 6) were recognized! All these "newer" songs from Yahoo I noticed the two lines in the visualization were all over the place and not overlapped. These same newer songs from Rhapsody had the visualization lines basically overlapped. It also seemed like even to the naked ear the same songs played over Yahoo sounded better than when played over Rhapsody... this has been talked about in the Rhapsody forums. Not that Rhapsody sounds "bad" or anything but the highs sound cripser and it just sounds like there is more separation in the left/right channels.

It is looking like the newer songs at Yahoo are streaming with better/more data than the newer songs at Rhapsody. I realize that Yahoo streams at a higher quality than Rhapsody but I've NEVER been able to actually hear the difference before. It is almost like Rhapsody is streaming in stereo where as Yahoo is streaming in stereo too but with better highs/lows and separation which could be throwing off Replay Music in being able to recognize the song.

After recording for a few days and playing the same songs on both services I really think the root of this "problem" has to do with what I'm seeing in the differences in the visualization between the two services and the newer (but not older!) Yahoo tracks are streamed with a wider sound range and thus aren't being recognized by Replay Music.

Could be completely talking out my rear but that is what it seems like is happening in layman's terms

Default tracks not being recognized

I have done about 50 songs...zero have been found. It used be flawless.

Default Rhapsody doesn't work either

Quote Originally Posted by bfranker View Post
    Arpie, are you using Yahoo Music Unlimited as well?

Rhapsody looks to have no problems. Doing some more testing and I've recorded around 225 songs since I reported earlier and it has correctly tagged 223 of them!!! Nice! I'm going to do a handful of the same exact songs in Yahoo here in a bit and see what happens. So far, for me anyway, it looks like Replay Music now doesn't like Yahoo for whatever reason even though there were no problems previsouly. Weird.
    I use Rhapsody and it doesn't work at all either.

Default Me too

Rhapsody wasn't so much of a problem but in imeem...sheesh. The genre drop-down box was empty...it wouldn't detect the end of a song and randomly cut songs and it wouldn't identify songs. I deleted 3.4 and googled 3.35 and found it on Brothersoft.

I get the Gracenote EULA and the red box in the corner and all the songs are being recorded properly (and in better fidelity), and properly tagged.

You should have offered 3.4 with a beta tag and not released it as final...too many bugs. I almost asked for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by bfranker View Post
    Anybody know of a good program that will correctly name/tag a folder full of songs named "Not Recognized" using similar means as ReplayMusic but where I do not have to re-record the song?

Thanks!
    We're actually working on a product that will be able to do this. No ETA, but hopefully in the next few months...

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

We are testing an upgrade now and hope to have it ready for release in the very near future. Thanks.

Thanks, Cheryl and that is very good to hear, Tasha. There are other programs out there that "try" to do this but they don't work very well.

On a differnet note, the comment above by conchchowder about the fidelity not being as good is interesting because I thought similar but blew it off as all being in my head. I know in 3.41 the way songs are recognized defnitely changed but did something change in the actual recording as well? Seems like it takes MUCH longer to name a track than it used to. I see it now records first a wav file then converts it to MP3. Did previous versions just go straight to MP3? Could this be affecting the fidelity?

Thanks!

I haven't noticed that and have not had any other comments regarding this. Our new version is going to convert a lot faster and also is going to have a volume control for those that want to adjust the volume of the recordings. It does convert from WAV to MP3 and to be honest I don't know how the other version did the job. Thanks.

We do have a brand new version of Replay Music. We posted it last night. Download it and you should see a lot of improvements. One of my favorite is the volume adjustment. Thanks.