Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recording Sirius Online

Question Recording Sirius Online

I downloaded AV replay and have tried to record Sirius but, the login page on AV only has input areas for channel, username and password. sirius has an extra input where you have to type in letters shown on the webpage.

So far, I've not been able to sign in AV to Sirius. Am I doing something wrong or am I just a bit dense?

Thanks,

askcarl

Hi

Starting today Sirius is giving us an error. We are aware of this and the developer will be working on a fix. You are able to use the audio capture method, however. Just set it up for the Replay AV Audio Driver. The program will enter the captcha for you.

Default Sirius subscriber

This has to be a change that Sirius has made themselves. I hope you come up with a fix soon . . .

as for the audio capture method, that's a poor fix, as I like to set the program to record at set times when I am away or asleep (Grateful Dead concerts at 9 a.m., 6 p.m., and midnite pst).
    Last edited by hball; 08-29-2008 at 08:16 PM.

The Capture by Recording Audio Output is an alternative, not a fix. This recording method option is always available to record the audio that is being played. We also prefer the Stream Capture ( Capture by Downloading ) method but not all streams can be downloaded. Therefore, it makes sense to have an audio / sound recording option. Please note that one can still schedule a recording when using this method. So, use this method to record Sirius until we can figure out if Stream Capture can once again be used.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

Could you explain further? I connected to Sirius using my account and once the music was playing, I selected "Record audio from speakers." This hasn't been too successful, as either I get timed out by Sirius within 20 minutes or less and/or I get a message that somebody else has logged in using my username/password and am logged out. I've contacted Sirius about this and get nothing but lame answers, none of which ring true.

Anyways, is this the method you mention, because I'm out of luck if this is the only other method.

hball

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Mayes View Post
    The Capture by Recording Audio Output is an alternative, not a fix. This recording method option is always available to record the audio that is being played. We also prefer the Stream Capture ( Capture by Downloading ) method but not all streams can be downloaded. Therefore, it makes sense to have an audio / sound recording option. Please note that one can still schedule a recording when using this method. So, use this method to record Sirius until we can figure out if Stream Capture can once again be used.

Regards,

Tom Mayes

You can certainly record the audio stream in the manner you mentioned but you then are responsible to manually kep the connection alive on the Sirius site. We designed Replay A/V to automatically keep the "Captcha" logged in. But the stream must be played through Replay A/Vs tuning mechanism as opposed to tuning from the Sirius site. So, open Replay A/V, click on a Sirius station from your manage show list and then either click Start Recording or the Properties link to set a schedule for the show. You need to have a Sirius station from the Media Guide to have Replay A/V do all the automation. Thee only difference between recording Sirius currently is that in the Properties window, Recording tab one must now make sure to enable "Capture by Recording Audio Output" as opposed to "Capture by Downloading".

Tom.

Thanks so much, I wish I had asked sooner . . . I missed three great Dead shows trying to record them the other way.

hball

Going through the media guide worked but seconds after starting recording, it stopped, and when it started again, the music was stuck in a loop. It then gave me an error message and closed out Replay A/V. I did click on send details of the error . .
    The error report goes to Microsoft and was much too long to try and write down . . . I did write down this one thing:

C:\DOCUME~1\HENRYB~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\549c_appcompat. txt
    Last edited by hball; 09-01-2008 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Update

We have an update that should work for you. Give it a try: http://applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

Downloaded it, am trying it right now and it seems to be working. Much thanks,

hball

Hello, i'm not a subscriber of Sirius (yet!). I would like to know if Replay A/V
    records those streams and splits/tags individual songs ?
    Seing your tutorials it seems that it records whole shows (interesting for talk
    shows but not for music).
    If Replay A/V does not the job, could you tell me if Replay Music does it ? (Would be interesting to know if there's enough silence between songs to let
    RM split the tracks correctly).

Thanks for reading.