Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ipad video format?

Default Re: Ipad video format?

Hi Rin

Happy to help out. :-)

Our converters work with MOST files of those types. I"ve recorded files with other programs, WM Recorder, freeware, even burned movies from DVD's and they've worked fine for me. :-)

If you haven't yet - give the RMC4 converter a try with a file NOT obtained via RMC4 and let us know how it goes. You'll be glad you asked for clarification. :-)
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

You were right Jeff. I'm glad I asked for that clarification :-)

RMC4 Converter [RMC4>Tools>Convert...] does work perfectly fine with files NOT obtained via RMC4. Which makes me wonder about the usefulness of the Replay Converter product for people who own RMC4 since, as I illustrated in an earlier post in this thread, the latter has a much richer set of conversion options when it comes to output format selections... Then again, maybe I missed something crucial that Replay Converter has that RMC4 does not...

Thanks again for your help, Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by rin.aus View Post
    You were right Jeff. I'm glad I asked for that clarification :-)

RMC4 Converter [RMC4>Tools>Convert...] does work perfectly fine with files NOT obtained via RMC4. Which makes me wonder about the usefulness of the Replay Converter product for people who own RMC4 since, as I illustrated in an earlier post in this thread, the latter has a much richer set of conversion options when it comes to output format selections... Then again, maybe I missed something crucial that Replay Converter has that RMC4 does not...

Thanks again for your help, Jeff.
    Happy to help out. :-)

Replay Converter was around long before RMC had the built in conversion features. Going from memory, RC still has many more formats that RMC's converter does NOT - hence the two programs being made available. On another note - alot of people like the simplicity of having a stand-along converter that does nothing BUT convert.

Thanks again for the feedback
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by rin.aus View Post
    IMHO all conversion presets that Replay Converter uses are very stable. If you right click onto a file in Replay Converter, you will notice many options from syncing audio and video, using an alternative conversion method (troubleshoot), extracting audio, replacing audio track, changing video track speed. When conversion works fine, you usually take it for granted. But when you have problems that can be solved with Replay Converter, you start appreciating it

Also when using Replay Converter you don't have to scroll through a huge list of conversion presets, because you can leave the target formats that you need and delete the rest of them. And some users burn CD/DVD discs from audio/video files using Replay Converter.

And I agree with Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lenney View Post
    a lot of people like the simplicity of having a stand-alone converter that does nothing BUT convert.