Thread: replay media catcher video history

Default replay media catcher video history

i found out that this video history is one hell of an application. it save the video automatically that you are watching.

according to the tutorial:
    "Replay Media Catcher watches your "video cache" and privately keeps track of every video you've watched. If you've just viewed something you'd like to save on your PC, here's how to save it"

1.) i would like to ask if replay media catcher automatically save the video that we watched (if yes then how can i turn it off?) or

2.) if my computer automatically saved it, the replay media catcher just only tracked it and gives us a choice to save it (flv). i would like to ask where can i find that save video?. where is this "video cache" location in my computer. how can i turn that off?.

my problem about this video history is privacy. i don't want to see what my family viewed on the net. specially what pron..

note:
    clearing temporary files in the internet option won't clear the video history, so the video history is not located in the folder of temporary files.

i thank you in advance for your help.

Default Re: replay media catcher video history

The video history is actually from your temporary-it just makes it easier for you to save something if you want to. Go ahead and just delete all if you don't want to from the delete icon that comes up when you view it.

Angry Re: replay media catcher video history

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The video history is actually from your temporary-it just makes it easier for you to save something if you want to. Go ahead and just delete all if you don't want to from the delete icon that comes up when you view it.
    I'm sorry to say that your reply, quoted above is mostly inchoherent. What are you trying to say? Do you mean that the actual video is stored in the history cache, or just a link to that video? I've also noticed that you have a tendency to post replies that are hard to understand, or are incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by endyr View Post
    I'm sorry to say that your reply, quoted above is mostly inchoherent. What are you trying to say? Do you mean that the actual video is stored in the history cache, or just a link to that video?
    Just visit the link that I've mentioned above

Angry Re: Replay Media Catcher Video History

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    Just visit the link that I've mentioned above
    I visited the link that you provided, but my original questions are still unanswered. But that is beside the point as you are incapable of giving a straight answer to any question. Your suggestions for disabling the FLV service are bogus! I went into MSCONFIG to turn off the FLV service. I rebooted, and went to record, and the video was still stored as a .BIN file. So I tried your second option, and renamed the FLV service file. Well I rebooted, and when I went back to check the FLV service folder, the FLV file that I had renamed was still there, but Replay Media Catcher re-created the original FLV file! So now I had two files in that folder. It's very obvious to me, that you are very incompetent, and don't know what you are writing about. I'm not sure if you work for Applian Technologies or not, but if you are an employee, please find another job, maybe as used car salesman.
    Last edited by endyr; 06-18-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Default Re: Replay Media Catcher Video History

I visited the link that you provided, but my original questions are still unanswered. But that is beside the point as you are incapable of giving a straight answer to any question. Your suggestions for disabling the FLV service are bogus! I went into MSCONFIG to turn off the FLV service. I rebooted, and went to record, and the video was still stored as a .BIN file.

So I tried your second option, and renamed the FLV service file. Well I rebooted, and when I went back to check the FLV service folder, the FLV file that I had renamed was still there, but Replay Media Catcher re-created the original FLV file! So now I had two files in that folder.
    Where did I say that
    1. disabling FLVSrvc service at startup will delete any files
    2. disabling FLVSrvc service at startup won't allow you to launch the Video History Tool
    3. renaming FLVSrvc.exe will delete any BIN files

???

It's very obvious to me, that you are very incompetent, and don't know what you are writing about. I'm not sure if you work for Applian Technologies or not, but if you are an employee, please find another job, maybe as used car salesman.
    No comments.