Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirius Login Error: couldn't parse login page

Default Avoid "Idle" log-out by sirius

Until the "couldn't parse login page" problem is remedied... If you wish to record sirius but are unable to record due to being logged out by sirius when idle too long, here's a solution that might work (works for me). There is a Yahoo Widget Sirius Player that does not require clicking on the "are you still listening" message that sirius sends out through it's online player. It's a free widget. If you aren't familiar with widgets, go to:
    http://widgets.yahoo.com/
    It's very easy to install the basic widget interface, then just search for the sirius player, and install. You have to plug in your sirius user name and password the first time, from there it will log you in anytime you open the player. Then just have Replay AV record (in my case I had it record from speakers, it still seems to record even if I mute the speakers). Hope this helps everyone out there... I know I'm not the only one who purchased replay AV with the sole purpose of recording sirius... hopefully the real solution will be coming shortly.

I used the same method as Cindy described for months before finding the capture by downloading streams thing in Replay A/V. It worked perfectly for me for months, I just had to remember every night to turn on the player so I could record the following morning before I woke up.
    Last edited by eridani013; 08-31-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Thank you Cindy, I will try that.

Default RE: Avoid "Idle" log-out by sirius

Thanks for the tip! I am trying it now.

I've been using Replay to record Howard Stern for the last year and a half or so, it seems like Sirius changes it's sign in protocols about every six months or so. I've been very impressed with the timeliness of Appllian's updates, usually in the first day or two.

Default same problem

I'm having the exact same problem. I keep getting "error: couldn't parse login page" each time I try to record from Sirius. Does anyone know if there's an update or something that will get this working again?

Default Well aren't we screwed

Missed the first Stern show today. I noticed the first post was last friday morning. Is there any chance someone will come into work today and come up with a fix action.

Or will we be getting more of, "Try listening to something else while you can't record."

You are able to use audio capture at this time. Set it up the way you do normally and then go back and change it to record audio from speakers. You are also able to set it to mute in the audio properties so you can use your system for other items while it is recording. When we have an update we will be posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by heineken63 View Post
    Missed the first Stern show today. I noticed the first post was last friday morning. Is there any chance someone will come into work today and come up with a fix action.

Or will we be getting more of, "Try listening to something else while you can't record."
    Heinekin63: I'm as rabid a Howard fan as any you'll find. So try my work around using the yahoo widget (explained in a previous post). We aren't screwed... just slightly inconvenienced until the developer can figure out what sirius evidently tossed at them. (I'm just another customer, not an employee of replay a/v). I started my yahoo widget sirius player last night (it doesn't have a timer feature) and set up a timed replay a/v recording for this morning, and viola... Howie on demand. Hope this helps.

Default Recording Alternative???

I have a slight problem with the recording alternative to bypass the Sirius login problem. I'm currently trying out the Replay A/V software to record Sirius content due to work issues. I have been able to record Sirius content using the Yahoo widget and a recording program. However, you can get a simple recording program for about $15 to $20 to do this. The Replay A/V application costs $50!!! The main incentive for purchasing the Replay A/V program is its direct access to Sirius content without need of an external sound card (and running a separate program like the Yahoo widget). If the Sirius direct access feature periodically breaks, it makes the Replay A/V app far less attractive.

I hope that the Sirius login problem is resolved quickly. I was planning on purchasing the application this past weekend. However, I held back from doing so when the Sirius login problem occurred.