Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Replay AV not recording BBC Radio

Default Re: Replay AV not recording BBC Radio

You are still able to record but you are going to need to use audio capture. Nothing is broken on our program-they have changed the way they stream and our program is not able to get a good URL. The way they do it now is that the URL changes daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    You are still able to record but you are going to need to use audio capture. Nothing is broken on our program-they have changed the way they stream and our program is not able to get a good URL. The way they do it now is that the URL changes daily.
    Is this actually right? When I found that my recordings with 'capture by dowloading' weren't working I updated the URLs'. I then set up several sheduled recordings for later that same day but they all still failed. Is this nothing to do with the 'support for RTMP issue' mentioned on another thread, then?

There's radio downloader from nerdoftheherd for BBC listen again streams. Maybe Applian could look at that, it's open source.
    ~http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/

If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support. A log file and additional information will be needed.

I may have stumbled on a way to get around the problem of the changed BBC streaming method without resorting to recording via the audio route with the limitations that imposes i.e only one program can be recorded at a time. At one stage I was successfully recording BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC Five Live and BBC 7 and from time to time the odd BBC local radio station such as BBC Radio Merseyside. Rather than put a lengthy treatise into this thread I will email my finding to the Applian staffers so they can check the logic, see whether my comments are valid and, if this proves to be the case, give appropriate guidance to Replay A/V users who are looking for a solution to this one.

draws up a sofa, gets a coffee and waits .......expectantly ..........

Quote Originally Posted by alanell1 View Post
    I may have stumbled on a way to get around the problem of the changed BBC streaming method without resorting to recording via the audio route with the limitations that imposes i.e only one program can be recorded at a time. At one stage I was successfully recording BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4, BBC Five Live and BBC 7 and from time to time the odd BBC local radio station such as BBC Radio Merseyside. Rather than put a lengthy treatise into this thread I will email my finding to the Applian staffers so they can check the logic, see whether my comments are valid and, if this proves to be the case, give appropriate guidance to Replay A/V users who are looking for a solution to this one.
    Or you could put a lengthy treatise on this thread...please!

Hi
    I'd like to echo the concern about the problem with BBC streaming... you have to get a fix quick!!

We are currently testing the process that was given and we have had mixed results. We don't want to change what we have until we know it is solid. Thanks.

I'd endorse mrg9999's suggestion of radio downloader. It's a revelation, and will do me fine while I wait for a fix.