Thread: How do I turn OFF Video History!

Default How do I turn OFF Video History!

Hi ALL,

I just discovered that my primary disk drive (an SSD which is fast but not too large) was almost full. I then found that a good deal of the space was taken up by copies of all the files I had downloaded via Media Catcher and was in a subdirectory ..... FLVService. I deleted them and now my primary hard drive is only half full, which is where I expected it to be.

So is there any way I can just shut down the Video History as I really don't think I need it. If not can I direct it to my other hard drive which is a conventional hard drive but a lot bigger.

Thanks,
    Gerry

Default Re: How do I turn OFF Video History!

The videos located in Video History are not recordings.The program redirects this cache to a different temp folder and offers an easy way to save or discard the media. Clean out your temp files the way you normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    The videos located in Video History are not recordings.The program redirects this cache to a different temp folder and offers an easy way to save or discard the media. Clean out your temp files the way you normally do.
    Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm confused!!

When I saw that my SSD was almost full the first thing I did was to delete all of the Internet temp files but that had no effect on the fullness of my SSD. Then I ran a utility called WinDirStat which makes a graphical representation of all the files on a disk and where they are located. I saw massive amount of files on the SSD and traced them to the FLVService subdirectory. I went to that subdirectory and while the various files did have a BIN extension they seemed to be as large as the original video files themselves. I deleted all of the files within FLVService but not the subdirectory itself, and then the free space on my SSD went dramatically up. I ran WinDirStat again and the large amount of files was gone, but there was another large amount of files. Not as large as the first one but still not small. I traced this one down and it was another FLVService subdirectory that was in a different branch of the SSD directory structure, but I don't remember where it was. Again there were many BIN files which were as large as the original video files and again I deleted all the file and again my SSD's free space went up.

I also saw another post in this forum where someone was directed to manually delete all the files in the FLVService directory to gain disk space.

Is something running wrong with my RMC? Is there any setting I can check? Is there some way to stop what's happening?

Thanks,
    Gerry

To disable FLVSrvc (Video History Tool) completely:
    1. Run msconfig.exe
    2. On the "Startup" tab uncheck the FLVSrvc. Hit the Apply button. Hit the OK button.
    3. Reboot your PC.

Alternatively you can rename FLVSrvc.exe and you won't have it started next time you boot Windows.

To clear the cache of Video History Tool:
    Go to %HOMEPATH%\Local Settings\Application Data\FLVService and delete all files from the folder.