Thread: RAV has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Default RAV has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Hello,

RAV had been working wonderfully. However, after recording for approximately 60 seconds I now receive a pop up message that says "RAV has encountered a problem and needs to close". I am given the option to Debug, Close, or send a message to Microsoft.

I used the iTunes drag and drop method to record internet radio and this issue occurs for both Record Now and Scheduled Recording.

I checked the RAV forum for the past 8 months and find no other thread. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled my version of RAV 8.14. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.
    James
    Windows XP x86
    RAV 8.14
    Last edited by jahcols100; 05-01-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Default Re: RAV has encountered a problem and needs to close.

you are using a really old version of the program and might want to update or better yet upgrade. The update to 8.43 is free and is found on the bottom of the download page for AV.

http://www.applian.com/replay-av/demo.php

Uninstall and reboot prior to installing. If you want to take advantage of the great offers and new codecs and conversions upgrade. Go to our order page and select existing owner. follow the prompts to see the great deals you will have. If you continue to have a problem let us know and contact tech support as a log file and additional information will be needed.

Default Re: RAV has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Thank you Cheryl. Yes, performing a clean uninstall and then reinstalling RAV with a newer version has resolved my issue. I can now record and schedule internet radio recordings. Thank you very much for the timely response.
    James