Thread: Best settings for best Capture?

Default Best settings for best Capture?

I just purchased the Applian Suite of programs and hope someone might be able to instruct me as to what settings will give me the best capture. Mpeg-2 or MP9
    and the settings for each, mpeg-2 has a setting of 12000, and doesn't seem to make any difference over 3000.Recently the captures I'm getting Flicker along the bottom of the Capture, any Ideas?, Ive got a Quad 6600 and 7m internet speed. Can someone give me a list of what to check-uncheck and select the settings for the best recording.

And another question:
    Netflix and Hulu? Will they be supported?

Thanks

Default Re: Best settings for best Capture?

MPEG-2 is less resource intensive than Windows Media. It produces larger files, but IMHO they have better quality. The bit-rate depends on the quality you want to have. You can use different bit-rates for videos with fast moving objects and still videos. It also depends on the video resolution.

See the following thread for more:
    Ultimate Recording Settings

I don't really understand what you mean by Flicker. Please make a screenshot with a player like Media Player Classic, VLC, SMPlayer, upload it to tinypic and post it here.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Thanks, I corrected the Flickering problem, I was using mpeg-2 and had the Disable video Acceleration Box checked, I unchecked the box in "settings" and the flickering stopped.
    Another question If you Might help again. When using Mpeg-2 what fps is best
    for making a video to be watched on a portable device ig. Ipod or laptop 25 0r 30? Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by kendrick23 View Post
    When using Mpeg-2 what fps is best
    for making a video to be watched on a portable device ig. Ipod or laptop 25 0r 30?
    Ultimate Recording Settings
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.