Thread: FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6 (Windows Update KB955759 messed-up FC)

Default FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6 (Windows Update KB955759 messed-up FC)

I only recently tried using FC4, and see that this problem has been going on since Jan! Ouch. Which Windows Update is this? I'll unload that Update if I know which one it is, for now. Anyone know which Update this is?

I thought if I turned-off DEP it would help, but no.

Would reloading an earlier version of FC correct this?

Thanks...

-Pj

[HR]

Update: Ok, I see late last year, Windows Update KB955759 messed-up FC big-time. I didn't see any message of update or fix for this as of yet, right? I'll either unload the WU or try some additional DEP settings. I could go back to FC3, but the video capturing is cool with FC4.

- Pj
    Last edited by stream-recorder.com; 04-23-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Default Re: FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6

I don't use I.E. Try Firefox instead, because you need to use a more secure and modern browser than I.E. 6 anyway.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Default Re: FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6

The older version of Freecorder uses the same recording technology. It will result in the same errors. I agree that Firefox is the best way to go.

Default Re: FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6 (Windows Update KB955759 messed-up FC)

Will the 'DEP' thing help? I did this, but found in another post that I need to reboot. Has anyone fixed it with the DEP settings, and/or removing that particular Windows Update?

Next time I'm ready to finish my sessions and close all programs, I'll try rebooting and see what gives.

Thanks,

- Pj

Default Re: FreeCorder 4 Crashing in WinXP SP2 - I'm Using IE6 (Windows Update KB955759 messed-up FC)

Ok, after searching around the Web, I see that Windows Update KB955759 has messed up other people's programs, etc.

I will take that Update out of service and all should be well. I'm not ready to venture into another browser, or updating my IE 6.xx just yet. (Hey, I was using NetScape 4.xx on Windows-for-WorkGroups 3.11 back in Aug of 2006!)
    &=;

Hi, I ran into the same problem, removing the Windows Update KB955759 indeed removes the trouble.
    A safer way would be Applian to include a different codec so that the compromiseable Indeo codec wouldn't be necessary. (The KB955759 blocks the Indeo codec for security reasons)

I just UN-Installed WSU KB955759. (See my other reply in another thread.)