Hi. First off, let me tell you that I absolutely love Freecorder. It is so simple to use, and, as you say, it "just works"! You guys have done a GREAT job with this.

That said, I have one small problem with it. I often hang out in an online chat community (something sort of similar to Yahoo, that has "rooms" where people can take the microphone, in turn, and speak to all the people who are in the "room" at that particular time), and sometimes I want to record something "at the spur of the moment", if someone is singing, or something else of particular interest is happening at the moment. I BELIEVE that at this time, the only option for me in that situation is to start up my browser, wait for it to come up, then use Freecorder from the browser. Unfortunately, Firefox never loads very rapidly for me -- perhaps because I often have several tabs still open from unfinished business, that need to reload, or perhaps just because I often have a few apps typically running and it just causes slow Firefox loads. Whatever the reason is, by the time Firefox is loaded, I've often missed critical parts of what I wanted to record.

I know that one solution is to just always have my browser running whenever I think there might be a chance that I might want to record something, but if there's any other way to get around that, I would be grateful to know.

I have tried just double-clicking on the Freecorder.exe file, to try to run it without the browser, but nothing happens when I try that. Is there a way to run Freecorder WITHOUT having to have a browser running also???

Thanks in advance for your time and attention to this question!!