Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recording in HD (black screen problem when recording Blu-Ray from PowerDVD)?

Default Re: Recording in HD?

based on your recommendation I assume that the problem is BluRay DVD protection or blocking rather than a screen configuration on the computer. Thanks -- I will give Any DVD a shot. I guess I should have figured that out Because everything else (HD DVD's et al) works well.

Thanks -- great forum

Default Re: Recording in HD?

Success. I did load in AnyDVD bit still had the black screen problem. One of the alert messages that I kept receiving was that the color schme in Windows 7 was changed to Windows basic and the was a link. When I linked there was an Aero troubleshooter that said Desktop Window manager was disabled -- and I then enabled the manager. Now I was able to capture Blu-Ray clips and the black screen issue was corredcted. One more item is that it only worked if I loaded RVC bfore starting my Intervideo player. If I loaded it after starting the player, the black screen issue returned. I am suire this sounds a bit awkward, but it worked. Thanks to all who responded to my problem.