Thread: Video but no audio or Real Player problem

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Video but no audio or Real Player problem

Good morning.....I'm not sure where the problem is so I'm posting here, real player and microsoft. I NEVER had a problem with any of the applian programs & I have the suite. However, I just used (well three days ago, but I've been trying to figure out the problem for the last three) video capture. I converted the format to three different formats & none work. I wasn't sure if it was a real player issue, which is the player I prefer to use so I removed the program and downloaded it again. I did the same with all applian products because initially I was having problems with the conversion. However, that's no longer causing me problems. I have real player sp. When I play a video capture, I get either the video or no sound or I get an error msg that real player can't play the video without updates and then can't update with Microsoft directshow compatible mpeg2 decoding software. I've spent a great deal of time trying to figure what I need from the Microsoft site and can't. I have Windows xp hme edition 2002, service pack 3. I've also done a sound chk on applian and it's fine. Other videos (none from Applian) work. Attached are some screen prints. Any help would be greatly appreciated. After three days and hours, which could be spent doing other things, I'm getting a little more than irritated.

Well, I tried to attach screen shots and can't. If someone could help, I'd be happy to email them.

Default Re: Video but no audio or Real Player problem

If you use the Universal Audio Driver, you need to launch Replay Video Capture before an application you would like to record from. Otherwise you will get no sound.

To play your videos you can use freeware VLC player or SMPlayer. Both are great and come with built-in codecs. You can also download codecs for WMP and probably Real Player.

Instead of attaching screenshots, just upload them to tinypic.com, imageshack.us,... and post the URLs here.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Thank you for your answer. I've never used the Universal Audio Driver in the past & had very few problems. Instead of real player, I installed Real Alternative based on a suggestion from your forum. I used cyberlink dvd to play the video, which I captured. When I open the file to view the video, my computer locks up. When I try to open replay converter and attach the video file, converter closes and I get error msgs. The link above shows some of the msgs. I've also attached a link for error msgs I was getting this morning, which prompted my first posting. I'd be happy to provide any additional information you need with regards to my computer, software, programs, etc. so that maybe you could suggest which programs I should use to get the most out of your products. I am an instructor for a law enforcement academy and there are many videos I'm trying to capture and use, but can't.
    Thank you.....

As I mentioned above, to play your videos you can use freeware VLC player or SMPlayer.

If you have problems with Power DVD, try to re-install it.

The images posted need better resolution or/and lower compression, otherwise I can hardly read the text on them. Anyway I can see that you need an MPEG-2 decoder to play MPEG-2 videos with Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic. I used to install K-Lite Codec Pack to play all popular videos with WMP or MPC. But since codec packs can mess up everything in the system, I recommend to use VLC or SMPlayer instead.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.