Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Recording Volume

Default Re: No Recording Volume

Quote Originally Posted by lockycol View Post
    Is this the most efficient way to contact applian support?
    Here you can get help from Applian support as well as the community.

You can also submit a support ticket. For Replay Video Capture you can do it at http://www.applian.com/help/index.ph...&department=48

See the following for more:
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=11
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

For reasons unknown, a friend?? downloaded VLC media player to my computer. In it, I had to enable "Set Audio Mode to DirectX (default)" to fix my audio problem - 'sall good.
    Thanks stream-recorder & Cheryl (tech support)

Where does one "Set Audio Mode to DirectX (default)". I have the same problem as describe throughout the forum. If I record a file I can not hear it even though it is evidently playing. A downloaded MP3 file plays sound just fine.

"Cannot get the audio with Replay Video Capture; but the video comes out OK."

I've had the same problem as ritzer13 describes in the Applian Discussion Forum
    https://forum.applian.com/showthread.php?t=4670

In early March 2010, I recorded a documentary off a website and everything went fine (after some initial hiccups because it was my very first try).

But now, trying to record another video off the net, I'd been getting video but no sound.

I have a brand-new sound card and new speakers. My operating system is Windows XP. The audio test works fine, I get the bubbly sound and the volume meters move up and down. However, just like in nitzer13's case I got the message that

"Recording from internal source not available or could not be detected!"

After a whole lot of puttering around, I finally discovered what my problem was and want to share this solution in case others fall into the same bind.

You go into Control Panel ->Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio

and make sure that your default device for sound recording is NOT a microphone. (Mine was, because I'd been using Skype in the meantime).

When I cleared that up, I found that I could capture video normally, video + sound. Took me 3 hrs to figure this out :-(