Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Recording Volume

Question No Recording Volume

I have two computers. My Dell Dimension 521 runs XP-SP3. My home built machine runs Win7 Pro-64 bit with all the latest updates. I have been using Applian software for over a year now. On Mr1310, I recorded a show, using the home built computer, from Hulu and everything worked fine. As of Mr1910, I have no recording volume. When I run the audio setup/test, I hear the bubbling sound through my speakers but it doesn't register in the volume meters. The test results says that "recording from an internal source not available or could not be detected". I have the audio input set for "Wave Out". This problem is occuring on both computers (2 different OS's and sound cards). I have installed version 4.2-03.01.10 on the WIn 7. The Dell still has version 4.1-09.27.09 installed. Being that this is happening on both machines/systems, I have to think there is an issue internally with RVC software. Has anyone else expreienced this problem?

Dell Dimension 521
    1. Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800
      Ram: 4 GB
      Sound Card: Creative X-Fi Titanium SB
      Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Home Built Machine
    1. Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3200 MHz Deneb
      Motherboard: ASUS M4N82 Deluxe
      Ram: 4x 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM-DDR2 800 - TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX
      Soundcard: Omega Striker 7.1
      Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 260 Core 216
    Last edited by ritzter13; 03-20-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Default Re: No Recording Volume

Have you tried to record using Universal Audio Driver (see the Settings)?
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

Yes. In Win 7, RVC gives a message that "That this option requires the Firefox browser when recording from a web page. It also says to disable Windows Sounds." Sounds are disbaled on both systems. I never had to use the universal driver...ever. I usually record from IE-8 or G-Chrome. This issue just happened in the last couple days.
    Last edited by ritzter13; 03-20-2010 at 08:00 AM.

windows 7 and your other are different so that is why you are having the issue. Another suggestion is to open up the audio settings and use Vista. Even though it says Vista it does work with Windows 7 and that is what I use.

Hi Cheryl. I realize that Win 7 and XP are totally different. I do have the Win 7 machine set for Vista. It still won't acknowledge the recording volume in the meter. Like I said, this glitch just started this week. Everything was okay before March 14,2010. I have double checked all the settings per the help/audio topics and still nothing. Could a release of updates by MS have caused this? The only updates in the last week are for security. This still doesn't explain why RVCap won't work in XP.
    Last edited by ritzter13; 03-20-2010 at 09:14 AM. Reason: additional info added.

If it was working fine, just try to re-install the program.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Quote Originally Posted by stream-recorder.com View Post
    If it was working fine, just try to re-install the program.
    I will try my third uninstall/reinstall but I think the point is being missed here. RVC worked 1 week ago and now there is no internal recording source available. How does this disappear by itself on two different computers/systems. Over all I have been very satisfied with RVC.

I have completed the third unistall/install on both systems and...still no recording volume. This really sucks!

Just try to use the Universal Audio Driver then.

I have the same "no audio" problem, after making maybe 20 perfect recordings.
    This problem began, on my XP computer, between February 24, 2010 and March 10, 2010.
    Interestingly, windows System Restore will not go back to February on this computer (it will on my other one), so I can't restore to before Feb 24.
    Is this the most efficient way to contact applian support?
    Last edited by lockycol; 03-21-2010 at 03:38 PM.