Thread: Digital Tutors

Default Digital Tutors

Is there any way to make Media Catcher catch streaming media from digital tutors (digitaltutors.com)?
    Thanks

Default Re: Digital Tutors

It works fine for me. At least i was able to catch the demo RTMP video stream from the homepage of digitaltutors.com. Try to stop playing the stream when it is detected by replay media catcher.

----
    Replay Media Catcher 3.11 (Windows) tested on Mac OS X with freeware WineBottler, Opera for Windows and Flash Player for Windows.

Could you give me more detail? How do you stop the stream?

Just hit the stop button in the embedded flash player. You can also close your web browser (or just a browser tab)
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.

I have exactly the same problem - or may be its a more general problem.

Using 3.11 i have tried both Firefox & IE8 to access the digital tutors site, using the demo video as a test. In all cases RMC doesn't react at all. I have done the usual flushing the caches etc, with no effect.

Have tested a few other sites with the same response (or lack of response). I haven't used RMC since 24th Jan, so i am sure I have received lots of updates to the O/S, Firewall/Anti-Virus, etc but i am a bit perplexed that RMC does nothing.

I saw on the web some suggesting to un-install and reinstall RMC, but it seems a bit of an excessive thing to do every time you want to use a piece of software.

Any help would be appreciated

You don't need to un-install it all the time. In fact, I have never done that.

There are a couple of things to note. When you install a newer version, you should uninstall the old one, reboot and then install the newer version.

Another thing is that you may need to launch your browser from RMC: Hit "Record" -> "Launch default browser". Sometimes this is the only way to record from I.E.

I use Opera and Firefox. I launch my RMC first, then start recording with it, them launch my web browser.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.