Thread: "New Folder" Crashes when Making a New Folder

Default "New Folder" Crashes when Making a New Folder

The new version 3 may contribute to problems when trying to make a "New Folder" in Windows Vista Home Premium, 32 bit operating system.

I had to uninstall version 3 and go back to the vers 2.x replay converter because i could not make "new folders" when vers. 3 was installed.
    With My Vista system ... "new folders" can be created when i go to a hard drive and click on "Organize" up top / left and then drop down menu shows "New Folder" and i cannot create a "new folder" when vers 3 is installed.

Side Note: Vers 3 looks very hot compared to vers 2.x with all the higher quality choices and ways to customize the settings.... going to be much better and easier to use than vers 2.x and am looking foreward to vers 3. Thankyou for a great product and especially giving us ALL the many choices on how to convert because Quality of conversions is what i want... higher the qualilty regardless of ease of use is my number one desire with tons of choices. Looks like a real winner.

I'm not able to duplicate this on my Vista machines. I have tested this on three different machines and I'm able to make new folders without a problem. Please install it and give it another try. You don't need to uninstall what you have as it installs in a separate folder. If you continue to have a problem please contact tech support as we will want to see your log file, etc.

Do make sure you are running the program with Administrative Rights.

Cool

The same happens to me when using WXP PRO. Removing Converter 3.0 solves the problem straight away however the question remains how to install version 3.0?

cheers
    Aslan

The developer is aware of this. Would you please contact tech support and send a log file for both machines -XP and Vista-so he can track it down. Thanks.

Not only does my WinXP Pro system crash explorer.exe when trying to make a new folder, the same happens when right-clicking the mouse on the desktop and when selecting the File pull-down menu in a system window. After uninstalling version 3.0, the crashing stops. This is not a problem with version 2.8. But version 3.0 is so much more flexible, I look forward to a fix.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Not only does my WinXP Pro system crash explorer.exe when trying to make a new folder, the same happens when right-clicking the mouse on the desktop and when selecting the File pull-down menu in a system window. After uninstalling version 3.0, the crashing stops. This is not a problem with version 2.8. But version 3.0 is so much more flexible, I look forward to a fix.
    The latest version of Replay Converter that you can now download from The Replay Converter website fixes all this issues.

Best regards,
    Mike Christensen
    Applian Technologies Inc.

It works. Thank you!