Thread: .rm File from WTMD Won't Convert to .mp3

Default .rm File from WTMD Won't Convert to .mp3

Replay A/V 8 captures stream from WTMD radio:

rtsp://helix.towson.edu:554/broadcast/wtmdlive.rm

Replay Converter, just recently, will not convert it to .mp3. Converter runs forever and produces nothing. Or, it produces a big file that when played contains no sound.

Any ideas?

Hi

I hate to give a long response, and this might very well be better off being a ticket, but please try this for me:

1) Click the \"Options\" button in Replay Converter.
    2) Click the \"Video Conversion Options\". or \"Audio Conversion Options\".
    3) Check the box that corresponds with the ORIGINAL file format of the video conversion you are having trouble with, or uncheck it if already selected.

Let me know the results please.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try various combinations of those settings and provide the results. That might not happen until Monday (3/3) night.

Hi Jeff,

Various combination of the settings your suggest resulted in either nothing happening or creating a conversion file the completely consumed all available spaces on my c: drive.

Following Mike Christensen's suggestion to try Replay Converter 3.0 had some benefits. It converted the file into a temporay file, audio~1.mp3, in the Replay AV 8 directory. Then the converter ran "forever." After killing the converter, I could copy the temporary file where I wanted. It appears to be a proper and complete conversion. That the converter did not do the copy, purge the temp, and shut down is troubling.

Hi

Please send this to the Replay Converter tech support ticket. This is where we would like to see your log file for converter. It will make it easier to troubleshoot.

It is a text file located in Program Files/Replay AV 8. Thanks.

Mike Christensen is offline Lead Software Developer, Applian Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by hdjenkinsjr View Post
    Following Mike Christensen's suggestion to try Replay Converter 3.0 had some benefits. It converted the file into a temporay file, audio~1.mp3, in the Replay AV 8 directory. Then the converter ran "forever." After killing the converter, I could copy the temporary file where I wanted. It appears to be a proper and complete conversion. That the converter did not do the copy, purge the temp, and shut down is troubling.
    When converting RM files to audio, make sure to convert it using the DirectShow method. To do this, in Replay Converter 3.0, go into "Options" -> click "Audio Conversion Options" -> check the "Real (.rm .rv)" check box and then try converting the RM file. Also, we have found that Real Player 11 does not work well with Replay Converter, so either downgrade to Real Player 10 or get a free Real Media Player called Real Alternative. It plays Real files without all the extra bloat.
    Last edited by Mike Christensen; 03-05-2008 at 09:35 PM.

Default Ticket Created: F4F554.

Ticket Created: F4F554.