Thread: Audio Video out of sync with Netflix

Default Audio Video out of sync with Netflix

When I record a netflix stream, the audio progressively gets further and further out of sync with the video. At first, the video just may be .2 or.5 seconds behind the video, but by the end of a 2 hour movie, it lags almost 5 seconds. I record with the .mpg format.

This only seems to happen with Netflix. Hulu, youtube, DVDs, etc records everything in sync.

I am running Windows Vista. RVC version 4.1. Intel Duo Core @ 2.4 GHz. 4.00 GB RAM.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: Audio Video out of sync with Netflix

Try and use the universal audio as you are able to adjust or delay the audio. You will need to read the hints regarding a good starting point for this.

I tried using the Universal Driver when recording a Netflix stream, but now the Netflix stream is choppy (as in the stream freezes for a few seconds, then starts again). Usually if a Netflix stream is slow, Netflix itself pauses the movie and adjusts its resoultion. But here, the stream freezes, then starts again. I'm sure this isn't cause by Netflix, but by RVC.

Once I turn the Universal Driver off, the stream flows like normal.

Any advice?

To get the best quality video with Replay Video Capturetry the following:

1. Go to Settings, and make sure you are using the MPEG-2 video format. Also, you may want to click on "Recommended Settings" at the top and select the most fitting option according to your pc configuration.

2. Try recording from a smaller video window by resizing your player to 1/4 of your screen, or no more than 480x640 pixels. This won't affect the video quality (since video is scaled UP from smaller sizes to fit a full-screen picture). This will require less computer power to capture, which will make for smoother videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Once I turn the Universal Driver off, the stream flows like normal.
    If you have audio/video sync issues, please specify what audio option you're using for recording and what is the computer configuration (single core, dual core, CPU speed, OS). Sync issues can occur if the computer doesn't have enough CPU power to play full screen windows with a CPU loading less than 70%. You press CTRL+ALT+DEL and see what applications use your resources.

Replay Video Capture provides 3 options for recording audio:
    • On Windows 7 and Vista the audio loopback is automatically setup. It fails (no audio is recorded) if the computer audio is set on surround sound and/or sample rates higher than 48000 Hz in the Playback Devices or the audio recording is disabled in the Recording Devices dialog. No sync issues.
    • On Windows XP with Stereo Mix the audio loopback is manually set in Replay Video Capture Audio Setup dialog or using the computer audio settings. It fails (no audio recorded) same as above. Possible sync issues on single core computers, or when full screen Flash or Silverlight videos are recorded (the video player loads up the CPU over 70%).
    • On Windows XP with no Stereo Mix the audio loopback is set using the Universal Audio Driver. Sync issues are likely to occur.
    Testing Replay Media Catcher 3.11, Replay AV and Replay Music not only on Windows 7/Vista/XP, but also on Ubuntu Linux and Mac OS X using freeware Wine...

Like my suggestion? Hit the star below to add it to my reputation.