Thread: Browser block solution; Threatfire workaround

Smile Browser block solved; Threatfire workaround

I too have have had the 'browser blocking' problem with my RMC program. I have Threatfire installed and RMC no longer works as it blocks my Internet Explorer and my Firefox browsers.

The solution for me was to download and install Opera browser. I am using Opera version 8.52 with Windows XP Pro. When you want to record, launch RMC and click the record button, then launch Opera and go to the desired website and start your video you wish to record. In addition, using this Opera browser method still gives me access to my FireFox browser to continue working on other things while recording. So, I just use Opera in tandem with RMC when I want to record stuff---works great.

For some reason Opera communicates through Threatfire in a way that IE and FF do not. Note: this works on my PC and is no guarantee that it will work for you----but its a very easy thing to try and I tried everything else for about 5 months until I tried this alternative browser method. Good luck.
    Last edited by jazjef; 02-14-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Default Re: Browser block solution; Threatfire workaround

Awesome..thank you for sharing this! If this is working for others please post and let us know. Thanks!

Default Re: Browser block solution; Threatfire workaround

Great Solution there!