Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RAV8 is cutting off recording part way through programs

Default Re: RAV8 is cutting off recording part way through programs

Same here... This problem has become very frustrating and virtually eliminates any need for this program. If the program can't record as scheduled, it is worthless to me.

The sirius stream problem was solved and it worked fine for a week, but since the beginning of this week it hasn't recorded more than three hours straight when I need to record around six hours.

Please look into this problem quickly!!!

whew I thought I was the only one and was starting to think it was hardware. The issue was happening in 876 and continues in 877. I have tried recording from multiple sources even from something as generic as itunes. After a while a few minutes to a few hours one of two things occur Replay pegs the CPU at 99 - 100% or I get an error message. I have been using a much older version for years and just in the past few months decided to update to the newer version ... so far big mistake !
    Feels to me like a memory leak, just my opinion

I had the exact same problem for a week or two a few months ago, then it started working again.

I submitted a report at that time, and jumped through a number of hoops trying to troubleshoot the problem. Neither Applian nor I was ever able to figure out what caused the problem, and neither Applian nor I know why the problem suddenly went away.

It started happening again a week or so ago.

I am still having this problem. I had hoped that it would fix itself, as it did last time, but no such luck.

I submitted a tech support request. They are trying to be helpful, but they apparently have no more idea what causes this now than they did last time. Here are some things I have definitely rules out as being the problem:

* It is NOT a firewall problem. The firewall is turned off.
    * It is NOT an antivirus problem. The antivirus is turned off.
    * It is NOT a full hard drive.
    * It is NOT a dropped network connection. The network is still up throughout the lack-of-capture period.
    * It is NOT a conversion problem. The capture stops at one minute. Conversion works fine. Under "Status/Last Recording" the "CAPTURING MM:SS" display will simply freeze after capturing for roughly one minute (as "CAPTURING 35:55", for example. Then, when the "split at X minutes" period comes up (I have it set to split at 5 minutes), it will jump to "CAPTURING 39:49". It captures normally until it reaches "CAPTURING 41:03", then freeze for the next four minutes. Repeat until the show's scheduled end time. (These times are just examples.)
    * It is NOT caused by the "return automatically" toggle being off or on. I have tried it both ways.
    Last edited by bblackmoor; 03-17-2010 at 11:10 AM.

By the way, here is a screen shot in which you can see that the "Status" text has been frozen at "CAPTURING 0:44" for over three minutes.

http://www.blackgate.net/temp/rav8_003.jpg

I switched all of my shows to record through the sound card instead of recording the streams. This seems to work. But it would be nice to be able to record streams.

FYI, 8.79 still has this problem.

If I fix this problem for you guys, can i get a free choice of software as a gift???

I had the same problem where it turned off recording, yet it saved and everything was fine, it just stopped recording. That day I didn't restart my computer before the recording, and since then I returned to restarting within the half hour before the recording time and it hasn't done it since.

I can't remember the term it's called, but I DON'T record the way where you listen to it live with the wave line moving.

If i fix your problem I think I deserve a free software

I have given up on getting current versions of Replay AV to work. Simply given up. I am now back-tracking to older versions until I get back to the version which worked so beautifully so reliably for so long.

I have installed 8.43, and that did not help fix the one-minute issue. On a whim, I changed the networking settings in the VM in which replay AV runs from "NAT" to "Bridged". I also changed the network card settings on the host computer to "Media/gaming" mode. I am not sure what that means, but in my troubleshooting, I have read that this can help with streaming media problems.

For the moment, I appear to be able to record streams again without it cutting off at one minute. I am going to shut down the Replay AV virtual machine, reboot the host computer, and see how it goes for the next couple of days.