Thread: Can't make this program work

Default Can't make this program work

Here's the site: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...eoid=102528442

I want this video, and many more from this site. I can't get Media Catcher OR Video Capture to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Default Re: Can't make this program work

I was able to capture this with Replay Media Catcher. Remember that the secret to using Replay Media Catcher is that you need to open the program AND click "start recording" BEFORE even going to the website that you want to record from. If you have already viewed the video, try clearing your history before trying to capture.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    I was able to capture this with Replay Media Catcher. Remember that the secret to using Replay Media Catcher is that you need to open the program AND click "start recording" BEFORE even going to the website that you want to record from. If you have already viewed the video, try clearing your history before trying to capture.
    Tasha, I did exactly as you outlined, then clicked on the URL that I provided and nothing happens. The website opens, the video starts, and Media Catcher just sits there doing absolutely nothing.

Now then, I have had Media Catcher working some time ago when I was using Internet Explorer. I have switched to FireFox in the last few months. I'll have to get hold of Applian support to see if switching browsers had any adverse effect. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMeister View Post
    Tasha, I did exactly as you outlined, then clicked on the URL that I provided and nothing happens. The website opens, the video starts, and Media Catcher just sits there doing absolutely nothing.

Now then, I have had Media Catcher working some time ago when I was using Internet Explorer. I have switched to FireFox in the last few months. I'll have to get hold of Applian support to see if switching browsers had any adverse effect. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.
    Back atcha again Tasha. I have 'solved' the problem. I went to the Firefox plugins site, searched for "Applian" and came up with "Fast Video Download" from Applian, designed for Firefox. It works absolutely flawlessly. Took a little bit to figure the thing out, but I"m off to the races now. Anybody wanna buy Replay Media Catcher and Replay Video Capture? I guess I never should have bought Replay Media Suite, but then, there are a couple of other programs in it that I use all the time.

Thanks again

That plugin is amazing. I use it myself and once you figure out how it works, you do not want to miss it.

Unhappy Re: Can't make this program work

Quote Originally Posted by BudMeister View Post

Yeah, I'm having this problem too, I've tried recording video from youtube and audio from BBC radio online, in fact nothing i try and record works. I last used media catcher to record a live streaming video broadcast back in June of last year and it worked great. Can't get it to do anything now. Not changed anything since then, still using windows Internet Explorer. Have looked at the help topics and it just doesn't want to work. I start recording before going to the site I want to record from, nothing happens. Grateful for any help.