Thread: Iphone format query

Default Iphone format query

Hi

I have 650 video clips on my ipod which have been converted to IPOD Video High Quality, I want to get an iphone so do they need to be reconverted to a iphone format?

If so which one will give the best picture on the iphone, and do I convert the original file again or do I convert the ipod file.

All of my clips have come from You Tube. I think I stll have the original clips but it took my ages to convert on the first place so I am not looking forward to reconverting again

Thanks

Josie

Default Re: Iphone format query

I have the same question, only the video clips that I have were not able to be converted to either iPhone or iPod format. Nothing unusual about the clips either - all are in standard formats, .MOV, .AVI, .WMV. I get an error message that says "DirectShowSource: Could not open as video or audio." And also, [file path] followed by ... "Pins cannot connect due to not supporting the same transport".

Has anyone successfully converted .MOV, .AVI, .WMV formats to iPhone or iPod formats (mpg4) running Windows 7, Applian Director version 1.1?

My videos seem to be FLV files, most of them are from You Tube, I am running XP and using Replay Converter. I have never come across a file that couldn't be converted.

I did an experiment last night and using the iphone format rather than the ipod format just creates a larger file, both converted formats create a MPEG 4 file.

I am sorry I can't help you, you could go to the Techincal support pages and email them, I did and got a reply back within 24 hours. They might be able to help

If you continue to have a problem contact tech support. a log file and additional information is going to be needed. Thanks.