Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freecorder 4 waiting for audio even though I hear sound

Default Re:Freecorder 4 waiting for audio even though I hear sound

I am having all these problems and can't seem to get to the simple internet options that have been mentioned. And of course.. Im under the gun now to have this up and running to record a 7pm show tonight... HEEELLLLPPPP!! anyone! Everything appears to be working except this...

Default Re: Freecorder 4 waiting for audio even though I hear sound

Quote Originally Posted by Renee View Post
    I am having all these problems and can't seem to get to the simple internet options that have been mentioned. And of course.. Im under the gun now to have this up and running to record a 7pm show tonight... HEEELLLLPPPP!! anyone! Everything appears to be working except this...
    Sorry for the late response - what OS are you using, and what Internet Browser and version?

Also - Be sure to start the audio recorder BEFORE browsing to and playing the audio that you’d like it to record. The audio recorder needs to be started first. If you’re using Windows Vista, be sure to enable the Windows Vista Audio driver in Freecorder’s audio capture settings.
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Default Re: can't record audio

This morning I got a message "Can't load Freecorder Community Toolbar because it is not compatible with Firefox 4.0." I am running Firefox 4.1 with Windows 7/64 bit. Previous versions of Freecorder worked perfectly on this computer until the most recent Firefox update. Now I get the flat line and "Waiting for audio" message. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail. Please help.

Default Re: can't record audio

Quote Originally Posted by Don Gaynor View Post
    This morning I got a message "Can't load Freecorder Community Toolbar because it is not compatible with Firefox 4.0." I am running Firefox 4.1 with Windows 7/64 bit. Previous versions of Freecorder worked perfectly on this computer until the most recent Firefox update. Now I get the flat line and "Waiting for audio" message. I have tried all of the suggestions in this thread to no avail. Please help.
    I didn't have any problem after updating to Firefox 4. But there was an update of Freecorder 4 that which supports Firefox 4. Did you download the latest version of Freecorder?

Default Audio Not Recognized by Freecorder

Hi,

I am attempting to record audio and even though I can hear it Freecorder just sits there in a "waiting for audio" state. I tried upgrading from 4.x to 5.x and this did not resolve the problem. I had previously been able to record with no issues. I am running XP. Thanks.

Smile Re: Freecorder 4 waiting for audio even though I hear sound

I had to downgrade from Win7 to Vista on DELL D830 laptop and started to get this problem after the full set of windows updates. I got the "waiting for audio" message, yellow line moves with the audio and I can hear the audio.

I managed to get it working after alot of re-installing and testing. Advise users to investigate the sound driver properties and the driver files. Install the latest sound drivers first. I noticed this issue starts happening when the "Default format" is changed from 16 bit, 44100Hz CD Quality. This is found in the sound settings - playback tab (right click the speaker icon) - properties - Advanced tab.
    If you have more than one playback device, try to disable the ones that are not needed as a test, I have two in mine and can record audio after re-setting the default format back to the minimum setting.

In Win7 I had this set at 16bit, 192000Hz studio quality without any problems,, but in Vista I have to set it at the minimum setting.

Hope this helps :-)