Thread: can't seem to get that aspect ratio right. Every size I record it is vertically stretched

Default can't seem to get that aspect ratio right. Every size I record it is vertically stretched

I am using a Slinbox pro, and can't seem to get that aspect ratio right. Every size I record it is vertically stretched (in various players). Any way around this?

I have had this issue as well. I know there is no solution right now besides some post production video manipulation, which I really haven't been able to find any easy to use aspect ratio correction software. It would be nice if one of the output formats was in a 16x9 aspect ratio. I too have to watch my video squashed an tall. If you are watching on the computer use VLC it has the capability of watching in 16x9 and renders the video the way it first appeared. Good luck.

I saw a tip on the Sling forums whereby someone said that, for a SB Pro, using the Component Video inputs resulted in a horizontally squashed picture when viewing a widescreen 16by9 feed, but that he solved his problem by using the Svideo input.

Didn't work for me.

This is a deal breaker for me. Unless I can record and playback widescreen, I won't buy.

BTW, using VLC to playback results in very choppy video, so that is no solution either.

I hope At Large takes care of this problem.

Exclamation Aspect Ratio-problem in current release

I have purchased At-Large Recorder 2 and the aspect ration for 16:9 HD recording will either look stretched out wide or squished. The ratio options do not include 16:9, though they do include aspect ratios that I am not sure what media actually use it. I have interacted with their technical support group multiple times. They have been responsive to my questions and any problems I have had. The fact is this version does not support 16:9 aspect ratio. So I am able to sling nice HD content within my home network and remotely from outside my home (albeit, at home the quality of the HD is great), but I am not able to use the Applian software I purchased until they release a new version with 16:9 aspect ratio. As I work for a software company, myself, I know that just because a problem is identified, does not mean it will be in the next release.

I am hoping that Applian is thinking what were are thinking: "Wow, We do not support 16:9 aspect Ratio, this is not okay as Slingboxes and HD is now becoming the norm, especially for people who are tech savvy enough to use a Slingbox and want to capture this content for viewing in a more convenient form". I am even willing to pay a fee for a release containing this capability.

I'm in agreement. The sales pitch makes it look like a simple thing to put, for instance, your copy of "King Kong" on your iTouch, by using DVD43 + Replay Converter. What you get is a vertically-stretched video.

I may use my 30-day money back satisfaction. It's especially disheartening to see there are no replies to this problem. As if Applian doesn't care.

Actually, another person (I know on a forum) was trying to decide between this software and Slysoft. I guess I can't give him any good news.

Default 16:9

I agree with the other comments here, until 16:9 is supported this software is nigh on pointless. I've tried the trial version and recordings look very strangely proportioned - once there is 16:9 support I will gladly purchase it as the quality of the images (despite their odd appearance at the moment) is good and the interface simple to use. It's rather odd that this feature still isn't available.