Thread: Freecorder 4 Toolbar Radio Stopped Working

Default Freecorder 4 Toolbar Radio Stopped Working

I have the Freecorder 4 Toolbar installed in both IE8 and Firefox 3.5.6. Firefox just added a Security Update on December 16 which has disabled the Freecorder 4 Radio. Any way to reinable it?

Default Re: Freecorder 4 Toolbar Radio Stopped Working

Well I'm glad to see I'm not the ONLY ONE having this problem. I reported this a week ago or so, and have not heard anything more about it! The only solution I have found it to remove the update, if you're willing to. I'm not sure if there might be a good reason for this program to be blocked, so I've chosen to stop using freecorder until somebody here acknowledges that there is a problem, gives me a little reassurance, and tries to do something about it.
    If you sure you trust this software, you can go to add/remove programs, make sure you tick the "show updates" button and remove the update #KB955759. Freecorder will work correctly again, but you'll be making yourself vunerable to a security risk.
    Goodluck

Sorry, I guess I read your question wrong. I thought you were saying that a windows update caused your problem. Now that I look at it again, I see that you said that a firefox update caused the problem. I'm not sure what you can do about that. It looks to me like both browsers are getting security updates that suddenly are causing havoc for freecorder. Hmmmm.......
    I wonder if the RIAA has anything to do with this. It wouldn't surprise me if they've talked both microsoft and mozilla into putting this software out of business. I know that Sony has disabled stereo mix on their machines to keep people from recording off streaming media sights. Oh well....
    Hope you can find a way to get firefox to work again. I know IE8 isn't going to work with the latest windows update for windows xp.
    Goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by scarcione View Post
    I have the Freecorder 4 Toolbar installed in both IE8 and Firefox 3.5.6. Firefox just added a Security Update on December 16 which has disabled the Freecorder 4 Radio. Any way to reinable it?
    The radio player is by Conduit, the company that provides the toolbar. You can contact their support here:

[email protected]

Thanks for the link. There is an upgrade for the toolbar that fixes the problem. It is available at http://freecorder.media-toolbar.com/xpi . FireFox has not yet included that in the add on updates. After installing the upgrade the radio works as it should.

Awesome. Thank you for the helpful information!!

Oh. thank you so much for that one!!

Thanks also for the link with update,, got me fixed right up, i was almost going to recommend for others to download the web-radio toolbar which has same radio player feature but was working, and i remembered a time when it too needed to be updated to work with firefox also. anyway, freecorder makes the 3rd toolbar i've found with the radio player built in, Emusic toolbar also. Have fun and support free anything! shareware, freeware - all through kindness of open source and sourcforge outlets etc.