Thread: Converting Video Replay Capture Files

Angry Converting Video Replay Capture Files

I am able to record DVDs with the Video Replay Capture with no problems: I use the WMV format. But, the problem is this: When I use the Replay Media Capture program to convert from WMV to same quality MP4, it creates a huge file 3 gigabytes, that won't play and the Replay Media Capture program locks up! And I do mean, locks up!!!! The size of the file that I tried to convert was about 1.2 gigs. This happens with every single movie that I have captured, the MP4 conversion does not work. I am using Windows Vista, Home Premium, 32 bit, with AMD athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4450e 2.30 GHZ. I also tried to use the other converter program that comes as a part of the Replay Capture Suite, but that program is so buggy it's not funny. It has caused problems with color and other things with my other video editing programs, so I thrashed that sucker and uninstalled it. One more complaint, but it really does not fit this forum, but I'm pissed off already so here it goes. I don't like that "Director" option that comes with the Replay Capture Suite, as it always wants to phone home (connect to the internet) before it will work. Is there any way to disable that? It's so annoying!!! You might find this interesting though, there are many sites that Replay Media Capture won't work on, or stalls, but I have been using a free program called Orbit, THAT CAPTURES EVERYTHING. I think you should should start tweaking Replay Media Capture so that it starts to work as advertised. I mean if a a free program like Orbit kicks its ass, you should start to fix the many bugs in Replay Media Catcher. Thank you for letting me vent.

Pissed Off In Hawaii,

Endyr

Default Re: Converting Video Replay Capture Files

Change the bitrate of what you are converting and it will be a smaller size. Also, the ideal program to convert with is Replay Converter. If you do have a problem with a particular program please contact tech support for the individual program you need assistance with.

Default Re: Converting Video Replay Capture Files

Thank you for your quick response. The issue i sitll have, though, is that the stand-alone, REPLAY Converter program is a problem, and as I mentioned in my original post, it messes up my other video programs. I will take your suggestion and contact Tech Support. Thanks again.