Thread: Why do I have an Ask & Record Toolbar folder?

Default Why do I have an Ask & Record Toolbar folder?

I am incredibly frustrated - I just installed the Replay Media Catcher. At no point during the installation was I asked whether I wanted to install some toolbar, but all of a sudden, this "Ask and Record Toolbar" folder appeared in My Documents.

It is undeleteable, even when Replay Media Catcher is closed.

I was unable to locate it in "Change or Remove Programs."

I'm irritated that this was installed without my knowledge or permission, and I've uninstalled Replay Media Catcher - it was the only way I was able to get rid of it. Is there another way??

Default Re: Why do I have an Ask & Record Toolbar folder?

The toolbar is not installed on your system. The Ask folder is part of the video history component of Media Catcher. The reason it has the Ask & Record name is because it was first used in that program. We plan on renaming this folder with the next update.

Hi Tasha,

Thank you for the speedy response. That certainly explains why I couldn't "uninstall" it.

Regardless of what it is named, I still do not know how to remove this unwanted folder that contains nothing from my computer.

Clearing my video history, closing Real Media Catcher, etc. it just pops back up.

I save my videos and music to my desktop so that I can then choose where to organize it, and I'd prefer to not have an empty, apparently useless folder sitting there.

Go to your task manager and end task on flvsrvc.exe. You will not be able to use the video history function of the program without re-creating that folder. In the future please keep responses to either the ticket or the forum so I do not need to type duplicate responses. Thank you!