Thread: want o go back to older version of freecorder

Default want o go back to older version of freecorder

For some time I (high-end laptop on Vista) used freecorder 3 with no problems. Then I was inveigled to upgrade to F4 which is a nightmare. Buttons far slower to respond and as many users here note it slices input into countless tiny unusable files when the stream is not absolutely continuous. I have attempted to return to F3 but without success as each attempt to record goes to the Applian update page (even after reload and reboot). NOW it is IMPOSSIBLE to remove the F3 toolbar (even using McAfee or Windows dedicated tool) and this HAS made me mad! The message is that Applians uninstall for toolbar does not work. Deleting the program manually has left me with the dratted and useless toolbar. How do I get rid of it?

I MAY purchase the more robust Replay suite from you -but not if I cant get rid of the earlier toolbar which will inevitably conflict.

thank you for any help.

Default Re: freecorder 4

You can delete the program using MyUninstaller

Then reboot and try reinstalling. You should be able to download the older version here.
    Freecorder 4 will split tracks when it detects silence. We are looking at adding this as an option that can be disabled.

Default Re: freecorder 4

Thanks for reply
    Precisely what I cant do as the error message I cited comes up on start menu or in control panel
    as MyUninstaller writes "When you uninstall a software, MyUninstaller utility is not directly responsible to the uninstall process. MyUninstaller simply run the uninstall module provided by the software that you want to uninstall. So, if from some reason the uninstall process fails, you should contact the author of the software that you want to uninstall, not to the author of MyUninstaller. "

that's why I wrote to you!!!

happy new year - but as I say - it's still there and it prohibits effective user of record (etc.) programs
    :-(

Default Re: want o go back to older version of freecorder

You should use the DELETE FUNCTION in myuninstaller, not the uninstall function.