Thread: AV8 won't record playlist

Default AV8 won't record playlist

I'm trying to record an archive that's split into a playlist. If I supply AV8 with the link to the playlist I get the first file only. However, if I supply the link to my player it recognizes and plays the entire set of files.

So my question is: is there a way to get AV8 to do what my player does - download and save all the files in the playlist?

Thanks,
    Dean

Default Re: AV8 won't record playlist

The program you are going to want to try with this is Replay Music. It is meant to record individual songs. Thanks.

Cheryl,

Replay Music seems to be a tool to capture audio. I just want to capture streams directly from the internet; the only thing that's different is that I need a tool to first read a .m3u from the streaming site and then capture the individual files from the playlist. The files are already in .mp3 format.

I'd think AV8 would be just the ticket, but AV8 will only capture the first file in the stream, not the remaining ones.

Does this make sense?

Thanks,
    Dean

The program is not going to do what you have asked with stream capture. This is due to the way the streams are handled and the URLs used.

"The program is not going to do what you have asked with stream capture. This is due to the way the streams are handled and the URLs used."

This can't be rocket science, Cheryl - I can look in the log file and see that AV8 has parsed all URLs in the playlist file (19 of them, in the case I'm testing). It can't be a big deal to loop through them and capture the streams of each one.

I assume that "the program" above refers to AV8; does Applian have a tool that will? If your answer is still Replay Music, I didn't see a way to enter the URL for the .m3u playlist. Can you give me a pointer?

Thanks,
    Dean

Replay Music is not going to record a playlist like you want but it will record the individual songs. It does record a playlist if you have it set up in something such as Rhapsody or Napster.

Cheryl,

I think Replay Media Catcher will do what I want, but it still requires a separate media player to resolve and stream the links, and I can't set up a schedule like I can with AV8 for unattended capture.

Looks to me like you got the makings of a great AV8 enhancement here...

Dean