Thread: Applian Director

Default Applian Director

I just installed an upgrade for the converter, and the director was included. Can someone tell me what good the director is ? I've already bought converter and capture, but director says I don't have the capture installed. It's odd, because I've been using the capture for almost two years. It's registered and I have the backup disk. The only thing that I see the director does, is try to sell more software. Is that all it does ? Even after you've bought and registered a software product, director says you need to buy it. I know Applian wants to sell their software, but deceiving paying customers is not the proper approach. Does anyone else have this problem ? What should I do, uninstall all Applian software and start over ? Take my losses as a lesson learned, and never use Applian products again ? That's about what I'm ready for. The software is useless, if it's not recognized as registered.

Default Re: Applian Director

You must have the latest version of the programs installed for the director to recognize it since this is a new feature. The Director is a great tool that will let you know which program is best for the task you have in mind. It also will let you know if there is a newer version of a program that you have installed and allow you to easily download a demo if there is a program you would like to try.

Does anyone know the name of the executable for Director? I would like to place a shortcut to it on my desktop.

If you did Default set-up, it should be:

C:\Program Files\Applian Director\Director.exe

Or it could be any where in your disk drive that you installed it.

Just search for Director.exe