When recording a Shoutcast broadcast as a stream with the "Split Shoutcast MP3 streams into individual files" option selected, is there a way to adjust the timing of the split that I might have missed?

I have found that the first part of the song is chopped off. You can find the missing piece at the end of previous song and piece it together using Audacity, but there is still about .150 seconds missing as a result of the split. This gap can be unnoticeable after the file is pieced back together if the audio is consistently the same, but if the music is changing pitch or if there is an obvious beat it can be noticeable no matter how much tinkering you do.

Second, I also selected "Keep Copy of Original File After Converting" when recording, but the .cap file still disappears after conversion. Why is that?

Lastly, I tired copying the .cap file off to a new location before the recording session ends and the .cap file is split and deleted thinking I could convert it as one big file and manually split out the tracks I could not fix. Unfortunately when I try to convert it with "Replay Converter" it isn't recognized with the .cap file extension. If I manually change the file extension to various file extensions such as .mp3, audio programs will play the file but there are gaps of silence scattered throughout. I guess my question is, what format is the .cap file and how do you convert it to a usable audio file?

I searched for answers in previous postings but came up empty. If the answers are available elsewhere, my apologies.