Thread: Best Screen Resolution

Default Best Screen Resolution

I am new at this, but already Replay Video Capture has worked to capture two hour-long TV documentaries. Now, I plan to burn these to a DVD for later viewing.

The problem-- will the current "PC screen" (small capture window) resolution prevent me from viewing the program acceptably on a full-size monitor?

Already, it seems I am stuck in Low-Res Land (PC screen), since when I playback the recording and adjust the playback screen to full-size (as would be normal viewing size on a TV), the images pixelate (blur) heavily.

1. Can I adjust my record / capture settings for a higher resolution? If so, what is best? (Or is the streamed content intended for only small capture screen-sized viewing?)

2. The higher resolution also should boost the file size. If a one-hour recording at current resolution settings is between 600-900 mb, should a better resolution recording double this size?

Default Re: Best Screen Resolution

The higher the resolution the larger the file and the better the quality. Also, you are able to experiment with both MPEG 2 and with windows media format to see what is best going to work with you.