Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capturing NETFLIX Strewaming video

Quote Originally Posted by LVWolfman View Post
    I just purchased the "Record EVERYTHING" suite today.

Both Replay A/V 8.42 and And Replay Media Catcher 2.3 were able to record a streaming Netflix movie.

However, the movie was recorded as an ASF file. When I try to convert it to MP4 using Replay Converter so I can watch the movie on my iPod later, it only does the first 50K or so then says it's finished. This happens even when ReplayAV does the conversion (using Replay Converter I think.)

I guess we're still waiting for the new version of screencast mentioned. It's been about four months since the last post and the latest version is 1.0.0.1 from three years ago.

I'd also like to know why, when I use the wizard on the Applian website to find what to use to record Netflix, you tell me to use WM Capture, a program that you don't sell, support or anything else other than email market?

Just FWIW I own WMRecorder and RMRecorder having bought them several years ago.
    Hi,

We do not own WM Recorder or WM Capture. We jointly own the WM Recorder site, and market and support the program though.

With regards to this, WM Capture is working better with Netflix than screencast at the moment, hence that recomendation. I used WM Capture a few nigths ago to record an episode of 'the office' from season 1 and it worked beautifully

Check it out here: www.wmrecorder.com/download.php
    Best Regards,

Jeff Lenney
    Technical Support
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

Just an update...

I just followed the instructions by uninstalling Replay Media Catcher 2.3 and installing 3.00 beta.

RMC no longer intercepts Netflix streams.

It will record them, but if I'm not mistaken you are only able to watch it for a short period of time and then it won't work. They test for the license each time. That is also why you are probably not able to convert-I have also tested the conversion with our latest beta. If you are able to do differently let us know. Thanks.