Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sirius error parsing login page - again

Default Re: Sirius error parsing login page - again

Happened once again to me at 9:27 AM EST and since then will not login to both Sirius and XM (I have accounts for both). When I go to sirius.com and xmradio.com and login from their respective web players, they both play fine. This is the second time in two weeks this has happened. I put a ticket in for it the last time and all support said was that it's working fine for them. This software was very expensive for what it does, and for the staff to just shrug it off is very frustrating.

Cool Re: Sirius error parsing login page - again

Now at 10:40 am finally it's capturing again. Is there something anyone can share as to why this has occured?

Angry Re: Sirius error parsing login page - again

Quote Originally Posted by gcincotta View Post
    Happened once again to me at 9:27 AM EST and since then will not login to both Sirius and XM (I have accounts for both). When I go to sirius.com and xmradio.com and login from their respective web players, they both play fine. This is the second time in two weeks this has happened. I put a ticket in for it the last time and all support said was that it's working fine for them. This software was very expensive for what it does, and for the staff to just shrug it off is very frustrating.
    I'm with you and share your thoughts. If there was another solution that did the same thing, I'd be using it today. If Sirius or XM (Sirius XM), would just make one themselves we would be dealing with third party bull.

Quote Originally Posted by codgus View Post
    I'm with you and share your thoughts. If there was another solution that did the same thing, I'd be using it today. If Sirius or XM (Sirius XM), would just make one themselves we would be dealing with third party bull.
    Unfortunately due to licensing crap, I don't think we'll ever see a software solution for this coming directly from Sirius XM. Another solution would be to just manually record the output from your sound card while streaming from their web players, but that can get annoying and time consuming. I paid close to $100 for this software, and in my opinion it should record EVERY time I need it to without issue. Hey look, just as I'm posting this, it kicked me out of capturing for the second time today. This is absolutely unacceptable and if someone from applian doesn't respond to this thread soon and give some explanations, then I'm getting my money back.

Sirius changed the way they stream and now often they have a break between. This causes a gap and often a retuning issue. If you don't want this you need to use audio capture as it does also work with Sirius. I have not been able to duplicate the login issue and whenever I get a report of it I test it. I have also found that some people are getting the error as they are not using an account that allows them to use the computer for streaming. If you do have an issue please verify that you can login on your computer and then contact us in tech support. We would need to see a log file along with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl Wester View Post
    Sirius changed the way they stream and now often they have a break between. This causes a gap and often a retuning issue. If you don't want this you need to use audio capture as it does also work with Sirius. I have not been able to duplicate the login issue and whenever I get a report of it I test it. I have also found that some people are getting the error as they are not using an account that allows them to use the computer for streaming. If you do have an issue please verify that you can login on your computer and then contact us in tech support. We would need to see a log file along with this.
    Cheryl,

I have been recording daily from 6am until 12pm all week with no breaks or gaps. I have two accounts, one with Sirius, one with XM, and I use both daily for redundancy when I record. I am able to successfully log in to both accounts using their web players. Now, today it kicked me out at 9:27am and wouldn't let me "retune", even when using it manually without scheduling WHATSOEVER. It just wouldn't log in to both Sirius and XM. Thinking this may be a problem with Sirius XM, I tried to log in to the web players and sure enough they work fine. It finally allowed me to continue capturing around 11am, and then kicked me out again at 11:45am, not allowing me to "retune" again for quite some time. This happened last week one of the days as well.

I offer the following in hopes that it is helpful and may serve to shed more light on the problem people had today with Sirius stream capture.

My capture was dropped today too at around 9:30am Eastern time. I was recording Stern on Sirius 100. It would not log back in even after a number of manual attempts with the Replay A/V software. So I went to the Sirius page and logged in to their online player just to see what I could find. What I found was a number of channels worked, both music and talk, but Stern 100/101 both did not stream or allow me to listen. I think I found maybe one or two other channels that also did not stream (but I don't recall specifically which ones.) Remember, this was a test without the Applian software just to see if Sirius was streaming or not.

One can deduce that the lack of stream signal was at the Sirius end of the chain and did not have anything to do with Replay A/V or its login capabilities.

I noticed that the Stern stream came back around 10:45am Eastern time and I was able to successfully capture the rest of the show.

I hope this information is helpful.
    Last edited by Jaybe; 01-21-2010 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybe View Post
    I offer the following in hopes that it is helpful and may serve to shed more light on the problem people had today with Sirius stream capture.

My capture was dropped today too at around 9:30am Eastern time. I was recording Stern on Sirius 100. It would not log back in even after a number of manual attempts with the Replay A/V software. So I went to the Sirius page and logged in to their online player just to see what I could find. What I found was a number of channels worked, both music and talk, but Stern 100/101 both did not stream or allow me to listen. I think I found maybe one or two other channels that also did not stream (but I don't recall specifically which ones.) Remember, this was a test without the Applian software just to see if Sirius was streaming or not.

One can deduce that the lack of stream signal was at the Sirius end of the chain and did not have anything to do with Replay A/V or its login capabilities.

I noticed that the Stern stream came back around 10:45am Eastern time and I was able to successfully capture the rest of the show.

I hope this information is helpful.
    Thanks for the information, though I'm sorry that I don't feel that it's accurate. I too use Replay to capture Howard 100 on both Sirius and XM, and as I type this moment, Replay AV won't log in to Sirius, both manually and scheduled, though I CAN log in to the Sirius web player just fine and stream Howard 100. Replay AV is however capturing my XM Radio account at the moment, just not Sirius.

Quote Originally Posted by gcincotta View Post
    Thanks for the information, though I'm sorry that I don't feel that it's accurate. I too use Replay to capture Howard 100 on both Sirius and XM, and as I type this moment, Replay AV won't log in to Sirius, both manually and scheduled, though I CAN log in to the Sirius web player just fine and stream Howard 100. Replay AV is however capturing my XM Radio account at the moment, just not Sirius.
    Hello. That is odd because as I write this, 4:43pm EST, Replay A/V is successfully capturing Sirius 100. I wonder if it's due to us using different versions. I never updated to the latest version once I got v8.72 working. What version are you using right now? I also wonder if either a cold or warm boot of the computer might help, if you haven't already tried that. Or have you possibly reached the limit on the amount of times you can log-in to a Sirius account during a 24 hour period? I think the maximum number of log-ins per day is 10, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Jaybe; 01-21-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Frankly another issue could be the weather and server issues all around. I know we have had horrible weather in California and electricity and phone lines have been going out on and off all week. Just another thought-not saying the reason.