Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sirius recordings being broken into several segments

Default Sirius recordings being broken into several segments

Is anyone else having a problem with their recordings being broken into numerous segments? I've recorded the Stern show from Sirius online for the past three years without any major problems, but since November 2nd, all of my recordings are being split into numerous segments. I'm running Replay AV 8.75, stream recording Sirius online with Windows Media Player 11 on Vista. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Would anyone have any suggestions for me with this issue?

It was suggested that I try to tweak the "Stream Capture Time Out" between 300 and 600, but that didn't work either.

Any help? I don't understand it since nothing has changed on my PC in the timeframe involved.

Anyhow, thanks for reading this.

Jake

Default Re: Sirius recordings being broken into several segments

Quote Originally Posted by Shpenny View Post
    Is anyone else having a problem with their recordings being broken into numerous segments? I've recorded the Stern show from Sirius online for the past three years without any major problems, but since November 2nd, all of my recordings are being split into numerous segments. I'm running Replay AV 8.75, stream recording Sirius online with Windows Media Player 11 on Vista. I'm at a loss as to what's going on. Would anyone have any suggestions for me with this issue?

It was suggested that I try to tweak the "Stream Capture Time Out" between 300 and 600, but that didn't work either.

Any help? I don't understand it since nothing has changed on my PC in the timeframe involved.

Anyhow, thanks for reading this.

Jake

I am in a very similar boat. I've been using this for years to record O&A on XM (hoo hoo) and since upgrading to 8.75 last week I have been having problems. I too am having issues with the file splitting. I'm not sure that this is related but I see that Replay has launched several tuners at once. Once again, nothing has changed on my server and at no time do I launch them automatically (everything is scheduled).

Before the latest update I would simply right click on my programmed Sirius channel and choose "tune to station" and the Sirius tuner page would come up. I could then click on whatever I wanted to listen to, change the channel if I wanted to. Now with the update, when I click on "tune to station" I get the Replay tuner playing the station, that's it, no more Sirius tuner page, no more changing channels. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, I don't know. I've gone back to the previous version. I liked having the Sirius tuner page come up and being able to change channels when I want. If something was coming on I wanted to record I could quickly go to the record from speakers option. Am I missing something here? Did anyone else do what I did? I know I could go directly through Sirius, but I'm used to going through Replay.

I am having the same issue. Any updates on this? from applian? There don't appear to be too many people complaning about this?

This is just getting crazy now. My 12/01/09 recording was broken into 23 segments and my 12/02/09 show was broken into 33 segments. I have no idea why the recordings keep stopping before the ending time I have set. My recordings are set to end at 12:00 noontime, yet Replay AV's tuner was still open when I got home at 3:30. Plus, there were four of Replay's tuners open. I have no idea what's going on, but Applian can't keep telling me that I'm the only one having this problem. I've been a customer for years, but I'll now start to look for alternative programs for my recording need.

No help. I'm at a loss. Goodbye Applian.

We have uploaded a new version today. Please uninstall what you have and see if that corrects the issue you are having. Then delete your show from AV and add it again by going to Record-Record Sirius. If you continue to have an issue please contact tech support as more information will be needed. Thanks.

Thank you for your help Cheryl - I am a developer myself and I know how much fun this stuff can be.

I've had great luck with the latest release. I do not see any tuners loading in my processes (nor should there be) and my first recording (XM online) had no issues. My second recording looks good so far.

Well, you've had much better success than I have at this. Today's recording (12/03/09) was broken into 16 segments. I guess it's a plus since it's better than the 33 from the day before. One odd thing I've noticed, is that if I record Sirius using the "what I hear from my speakers" option, the recording doesn't break up. Only when I'm streaming. I've uninstalled my Replay AV, downloaded and installed the latest version and still have the same problem.

Jake

This didn't help me either. It is still splitting up the recording. I noticed that it always happens at 40 minutes past each hour. But if I log into sirius website it doesn't boot me off

I am also experiencing the breakups again. I thought I was fixed because it seemed to work for the last half hour of my show yesterday but every show since then has resulted in split files.