Thread: Deleting Files?

Default Deleting Files?

When I would remove(delete) files from RM the files that were recorded and placed in my default folder are also automatically deleted as well. Why is this?
    I've tried making folders in different locations and same results. The only way for me not to have the files delete itself is to make copies of the recorded
    files and then I can delete it from RM. It's easy enough, but a bit of a hassle. Any ideas what's wrong?

That is the way the program is set up. You are not doing anything wrong. The developer reads all the forums so perhaps in a future version.

Quote Originally Posted by donb2008 View Post
    When I would remove(delete) files from RM the files that were recorded and placed in my default folder are also automatically deleted as well. Why is this?
    I've tried making folders in different locations and same results. The only way for me not to have the files delete itself is to make copies of the recorded
    files and then I can delete it from RM. It's easy enough, but a bit of a hassle. Any ideas what's wrong?
    This may not be my place to ask this question but, if you recorded files why would you want to delete from Replay Music? If you just want the list cleared from the GUI can't you use the RM Reset function? That will clear the list and prompt you for new recording session information but it will not delete the files from your PC.

Personally when I capture files with RM I always move them to another folder and then open them with a Media Editor, such as Wavepad) to remove any dead air issues (caused by network delays) and check all the MP3 tags.