Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Freecorder Toolbar in Vista

The developer is aware of the "clicking" issue with some recordings. It appears to be quite random, we haven't been able to determine a specific cause. He does plan on looking into this further and creating a fix, but I couldn't give you a time frame when to expect this to happen.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.

By 'Developer' are you referring to Accuradio?

Regards - Roy

Hi Roy,

I'm referring to Freecorder, sorry about the confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Tasha Heinlein View Post
    The developer is aware of the "clicking" issue with some recordings. It appears to be quite random, we haven't been able to determine a specific cause. He does plan on looking into this further and creating a fix, but I couldn't give you a time frame when to expect this to happen.

Best Regards,

Tasha Heinlein
    Applian Technologies, Inc.
    I have the clicking issue too. I recorded the sessions of an online feed of a conference over the last several days and some of my files have a horrible clicking while others are clean as a whistle.

I don't believe the clicking is caused by anything I was doing on the computer at the time. I was using other functions on the computer during a couple of the clean recordings, and was nowhere near it during a couple of the very worst ones.

I'd be happy to provide sound samples if it would help.

I was recording from ihop.org which streams conferences using WMA. I'm on an HP laptop running Windows Vista home premium.

Exclamation Freecorder Toolbar in Vista

Any update on the clicking problem reported previously? it occurs most of the time, making Freecorder unusable. Any help would be appreciated...

See if bumping the Recording Levels down a bit helps.
    There's also the possibility it could be in the stream itself.

Unfortunately this doesn't help. The stream is fine - sometimes when I open it, the recording is fine, sometimes the click is there. Especially if recording something with silent gaps, the recording starts ok then after the gaps, the click starts.

",,,sometimes when I open it,,,"

Are you talking when you play the all ready recorded file, sometimes when you play it it clicks and sometimes it doesn't?

Whar's the URL your recording from?

I did an experiment now and I'm confused..

I set to record from Freecorder Audio Driver, MP3 with automatic timestamp. The URL was http://www.luckysevenradio.com/listen/guitar_hi.asx and there was an announcement, a silent gap and some music. I expected 3 files but got 6 - actually 3 pairs of each (the announcement, gap, music). The first file of each pair was clear as a bell, the second file had the "clicks". Does this make any sense to you? I could just discard every second file and be left with the 3 clear ones, but why do I get the 3 "clicky" ones??

I just tried it and I get duplicate files too, but no clicks in any of them. Tried it in Vista as well, but I don't get multiple files, just one, no clicks in it either.

Does it sound like the Navigation click from the browser?